Sign in to follow this  
Inconspicuous

2018/2019 Sessional Dates Posted!!

5 hours ago, aspiringlawyer123 said:

Once we’ve accepted the offer on OLSAS and paid the deposit, is there anything else we need to do?

Nope. You're good to go! You're only tasked with enjoying your summer at this point! 

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 3:57 AM, aspiringlawyer123 said:

Once we’ve accepted the offer on OLSAS and paid the deposit, is there anything else we need to do?

The lack of communication from Osgoode is a bit unsettling. 

Edited by harveyspecter993

Well, welcome day is on June 18th, then Orientation in August.   They'll contact us about sections sometime in July, what else would you expect to hear from them in the meantime?

6 hours ago, TrqTTs said:

Well, welcome day is on June 18th, then Orientation in August.   They'll contact us about sections sometime in July, what else would you expect to hear from them in the meantime?

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

34 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

No I hear you, I feel the same way, like there's something I ought to be doing right now.  I just don't reasonably know what I'd expect them to say to me between now and the upcoming events. Like,

"Hey, just checking in.  Thought we'd let you know we still think you're cool.  See you in June. -Osgoode"

But seriously, one thing that would be nice would be an email confirmation of receiving the deposit.

• Like 2

Any idea on what kind of dress code exists for the June welcome day?

I guess it consists  of a panel of former alumni etc that give us their expierence , presentations by the finaincial services etc, right?

35 minutes ago, Timmies123 said:

Any idea on what kind of dress code exists for the June welcome day?

I guess it consists  of a panel of former alumni etc that give us their expierence , presentations by the finaincial services etc, right?

From what I recall it's "casual " ... except that everyone dressed up a little bit. So somewhere between business casual and casual?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Timmies123 said:

I guess its time to pull out the tuxedo lol , thanks i guess business casual it is '@Turkeytime

Like, don't wear a tie. If you want to be fancy, you can wear some sort of casual blazer + collared shirt.

• Like 1

Where does one see the information regarding the welcome day? Did you receive an email? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrqTTs said:

No I hear you, I feel the same way, like there's something I ought to be doing right now.  I just don't reasonably know what I'd expect them to say to me between now and the upcoming events. Like,

"Hey, just checking in.  Thought we'd let you know we still think you're cool.  See you in June. -Osgoode"

But seriously, one thing that would be nice would be an email confirmation of receiving the deposit.

I was trippin about the deposit too. Depending on your method of shipment, you can track it. So start there. Otherwise, wait like a week from the time you mailed it and then either email or call admissions. They'll let you know if they got it, and if they did, oasis will update about a day or two later and next to 'deposit' it'll say 'paid'

Edited by Inconspicuous

12 minutes ago, bubby59 said:

Where does one see the information regarding the welcome day? Did you receive an email? 

The link to RSVP was in my Acceptance email.   If you didn't receive it send admissions a quick email for the signup link.  It's June 18th

35 minutes ago, TrqTTs said:

The link to RSVP was in my Acceptance email.   If you didn't receive it send admissions a quick email for the signup link.  It's June 18th

My acceptance email says welcome day was on february 22. If they changed the date, I never got a follow-up email. Anyways, I'm outside Ontario and will be unable to attend.

Edited by harveyspecter993
  • Like 1

My bad, it's called "Summer Welcome Day."  Maybe it's just for us lowly late-cycle admittees :P

This is what I got in my acceptance email:

The Osgoode Hall Law School Alumni Association invites you to attend our
Summer Welcome Day on Monday, June 18 at 5:30 pm.  This reception provides
the unique opportunity to meet and mingle with Osgoode alumni and hear from
Osgoode faculty, staff and students about Osgoode's distinguished history
and bright future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrqTTs said:

My bad, it's called "Summer Welcome Day."  Maybe it's just for us lowly late-cycle admittees :P

This is what I got in my acceptance email:

Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to worry.

• Like 1

Hi,

I was accepted a while back by recently moved and believe I must have misplaced the acceptance package with the tuition remittance form. I know I need to send a money order for $450, but the PDF says to refer to the remittance form. Would anyone be able to summarize the important info on the form(I.e. Where to put name or student number) or have a copy of it perhaps?

Thanks!