Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lawgal77

Waitlist 2018

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, starbuckslova said:

Did anyone here receive a letter attached regarding the waitlist? I can't see any letter in my student center. 

Yes, it basically just thanks you for applying, says that offers off the waitlist are unpredictable, that the waitlist is not ranked and decisions are made based on the needs of the class. Also gives you the option to send them a one-page addendum to your autobiographical sketch to cover your activities between November 1st and the receipt of the letter. Also says that if an offer has not been made to you by Labour Day it means you will not be receiving one. 

 

You can phone or e-mail Danielle, she's quite responsive. 519-661-3356 / [email protected]

 

Best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rolivera said:

Yes, it basically just thanks you for applying, says that offers off the waitlist are unpredictable, that the waitlist is not ranked and decisions are made based on the needs of the class. Also gives you the option to send them a one-page addendum to your autobiographical sketch to cover your activities between November 1st and the receipt of the letter. Also says that if an offer has not been made to you by Labour Day it means you will not be receiving one. 

 

You can phone or e-mail Danielle, she's quite responsive. 519-661-3356 / [email protected]

 

Best of luck. 

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply! I accepted the waitlist offer but I do not see the letter, it should remain after accepting the waitlist, correct? I will contact Danielle if this is the case. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, starbuckslova said:

Thank you for the quick and helpful reply! I accepted the waitlist offer but I do not see the letter, it should remain after accepting the waitlist, correct? I will contact Danielle if this is the case. Thanks!

Yes, the attachment should be to the immediate right of your application status (in your case, 'Waitlist Accepted'). If it is not there, I'd e-mail Danielle, she can easily e-mail the letter to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I accessed the letter through the UWO portal. Was waitlisted in early May

3.29 GPA (L2 3.45), 158 LSAT, 4.0 MA
Strong LORs, ECs, and PS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

I’m wondering if anyone can speak on that additional one pager we can submit adding to our sketch since submitting our applitcation?

I have a family friend who is a lawyer on Bay Street and she suggested it’s likely not a worthwhile exercise. 

Has anyone submit the letter or can give any input on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lawgal77 said:

Hi all, 

I’m wondering if anyone can speak on that additional one pager we can submit adding to our sketch since submitting our applitcation?

I have a family friend who is a lawyer on Bay Street and she suggested it’s likely not a worthwhile exercise. 

Has anyone submit the letter or can give any input on it?

 

You have nothing to lose. Think of it as the practice of law. You're always gonna be hustling. Why leave stones unturned? What else would you be doing with your time if not this one pager? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hmyo said:

 

You have nothing to lose. Think of it as the practice of law. You're always gonna be hustling. Why leave stones unturned? What else would you be doing with your time if not this one pager? 

BUT if you haven’t done anything that noteworthy since submitting our applications it could just hurt it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, lawgal77 said:

BUT if you haven’t done anything that noteworthy since submitting our applications it could just hurt it 

That's up to you on how you spin it. Advocate for yourself. 

 

If you're asking someone to confirm this one pager will push you over the top for your admissions chances - no one can guarantee that. If you are already decided, then stand by your decision. No one is going to decide this for you. But, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Edited by hmyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlist accepted just now. 

3.11 OLSAS CGPA

163 LSAT

29 year old entrepreneur 

Edited by HP7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was waitlisted last week. 

LSAT 153/157

CGPA: 3.64

not sure about my L2 but definitely higher than my CGPA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted prob a week ago...

L2 3.8/4.0

CPGA 3.0/4.0

157

strong work experience 

strong references 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paripassu said:

What is do you mean when you say 'strong work experience'

5 plus years in government job, some aspects involving court proceedings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll move until the second last week of August. Note that is not a guarantee as things change every year though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t sound like there’ll be more than a small amount of additional acceptances sent out so good luck to everyone. Hopefully some get sent out before the 3rd.

Edited by mission22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-26 at 2:10 AM, mission22 said:

Doesn’t sound like there’ll be more than a small amount of additional acceptances sent out so good luck to everyone. Hopefully some get sent out before the 3rd.

I can confirm this - I emailed to inquire about movement and received a response that they do not anticipate any movement before July 3rd as of right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...