Sign in to follow this  
WindsorHopeful

Waitlist 2018

4 minutes ago, Westcoast123 said:

Absolutely. in the 150s range, a few points don't mean as much. It's only a conversation when its a matter of 130s beating out 150s. But again, you guys are right in the sense that it is holistic and that one's softs have the potential to increase competitiveness significantly. Anyways, I appreciate a holistic school over one that is not. It was not to discourage or bash a holistic process, but to just make sure everyone is being evaluated based on what they worked hard to earn. I shouldn't be critical of who "deserves" to be higher on the waitlist, as you can't really expect reasonable limits on holistic criteria. Would defeat the purpose. 

You also need to take into account that those with scores below the 150s could be admitted under special circumstance. Maybe you already know this and the people you speak of are regular applicants. I know a guy who got into Manitoba with a 147 lsat because he was a minority applicant and a mature student with a legal background.

Let’s all hope the Saudi Arabians pulling their students out of Canada opens some more spots up for us!

• Haha 3

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, georgelucas said:

I understand how busy Leanne must be but what a poor admission process. I find it pretty outrageous that they have one person doing all the admissions, and when she goes on holidays it becomes radio silence. I don’t find this fair to the applicants at all. 

Well its not really outrageous - TRU doesn't owe you anything and doesn't need to keep you informed. You applied to their school and are subject to their admission process. If you wanted to increase your  chances or have a more positive experience than re-write your LSAT and improve your stats. There is probably a good reason why most of you here have been waiting so long...

Let’s try to keep this thread positive, everyone on the waitlist is already stressed out and no one needs to be put down about their scores/stats or soft factors right now. That’s not helpful at the moment. Leanne did say they have a lot of movement in August so don’t lose hope! At the end of the day we all want the same thing so let’s be supportive of one another. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, darion said:

Well its not really outrageous - TRU doesn't owe you anything and doesn't need to keep you informed. You applied to their school and are subject to their admission process. If you wanted to increase your  chances or have a more positive experience than re-write your LSAT and improve your stats. There is probably a good reason why most of you here have been waiting so long...

Chill...As far as I can tell no one argued they should be admitted or that anyone was doing anything wrong. Just anxious people understandably. I don't know what your excuse is.

• Like 2

Okay, folks. Everyone take a step back. If the arguing continues, this thread will be closed.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DJLoconte said:

Accepted at U of S so looking like ill be pulling from TRU so theres 1 spot for someone

Thank you for letting us know. All the best at U of S!

• Like 7

Happy Monday All,

Just a reminder to please post any update(s) you may receive this week. Of course, I’ll do the same. It’s going down to the wire now, so I’m sure we’d all appreciate it. 

Cheers! :) 

I tried contacting her today multiple times and the first few times it rang, and then when I called again, it went straight to voice mail. My assumption is that she is catching up on all of the emails she has received. It has been a week and she probably has many students accepting or declining offers, along with inquiries etc ... So if we were to call first thing in the morning on the day of her return from vacation, she wouldn't really have any new information to tell us because she hasn't caught up with her emails, and thus, wouldn't know how much the waitlist moved. 

• Like 2

She's not been picking up today either in case anyone's wondering (that I know of anyways, I've tried twice).

Just now, Saralyn said:

She's not been picking up today either in case anyone's wondering (that I know of anyways, I've tried twice).

Same here. Apparently we were (are) due for an update today. Fingers/toes crossed for this afternoon?

2 minutes ago, MB350 said:

Same here. Apparently we were (are) due for an update today. Fingers/toes crossed for this afternoon?

I thought she said the 15th? So might be tomorrow.... but yes fingers and toes and whatever else crossed!

• Like 2

I managed to get through to Leanne today and she mentioned there is no movement and im still at my original number on the list #3. She said she has a bunch of emails to get through and if there are updates she will call me and let me know or for me to call her in 2 days. I called in the morning at around 10am

16 minutes ago, mulawclubYEG said:

I managed to get through to Leanne today and she mentioned there is no movement and im still at my original number on the list #3. She said she has a bunch of emails to get through and if there are updates she will call me and let me know or for me to call her in 2 days. I called in the morning at around 10am

Well, that’s disconcerting.....thought there would for sure have been movement in a week & a half. Did she sound optimistic at all about any movement? 

@letmebealawyer Are you still sitting at #2 as well then? 

2 minutes ago, MB350 said:

Well, that’s disconcerting.....thought there would for sure have been movement in a week & a half. Did she sound optimistic at all about any movement? 

@letmebealawyer Are you still sitting at #2 as well then? 

Yup lol 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, letmebealawyer said:

Yup lol 

I had called in this morning and Leanne told me that I'm sitting at number #2 so that means @letmebealawyer is sitting at number one. If @djloconte withdrew from his seat last week, I believe you should be hearing back soon. 

Edited by alitigator

11 minutes ago, alitigator said:

I had called in this morning and Leanne told me that I'm sitting at number #2 so that means @letmebealawyer is sitting at number one. If @djloconte withdrew from his seat last week, I believe you should be hearing back soon. 

Ugh let’s hope so, I think I’m developing an ulcer from stress lol 

• Like 2