204hopeful

Waitlisted at Queen's 2018

Hello! I applied with fairly reasonable stats (B2/L2 3.89/4.3 and a 161 (best lsat out of three 157/158 on two before that) but I am yet to hear anything. Most schools have sent out rejections or formed a waitlist at this point. Does anyone know when Queen's will be doing this?

Thanks in advance!

I also thought I had fairly reasonable stats and haven't heard anything either :( I am assuming a lot of decent profiles are still being reviewed. I hope we still have time. I called admissions and they said they will be starting their waitlist mid May. I really don't know what will happen now but I'm wishing us both good luck. 

Good luck to you both! I'm in the same situation. Did you guys apply through access or general? And when was your latest LSAT written? I wrote in February which is why I'm thinking I still haven't heard back..

I applied general. My last LSAT was in December. If the Facebook group is any indication of the range of acceptances they've handed out (which it probably isn't but you know, just trying to find some answers lol), they're barely half full and a lot of the members are current students. So they probably have a lot more acceptances to hand out. 

I applied through general and my best LSAT score was in December. I did not write in February! At this point I am just looking for an answer either way but I will remain hopeful!

32 minutes ago, 204hopeful said:

I applied through general and my best LSAT score was in December. I did not write in February! At this point I am just looking for an answer either way but I will remain hopeful!

What's your cGPA and B2 on the OLSAS scale? I'm surprised you haven't heard back yet.

54 minutes ago, 204hopeful said:

@georgecostanzajr My cGPA should 3.4 and my B2 a 3.9 on OLSAS scale. So a lower cGPA, which I figure may be holding me back.

Yeah, that's the one thing I can think of, aside from a particularly poor PS/ECs/LORs. With a 3.9 and 161 I would have expected you to get in earlier. Good luck!

8 hours ago, 204hopeful said:

got it, good luck :)

On 4/20/2018 at 11:23 AM, atticusfinch1960 said:

I applied general. My last LSAT was in December. If the Facebook group is any indication of the range of acceptances they've handed out (which it probably isn't but you know, just trying to find some answers lol), they're barely half full and a lot of the members are current students. So they probably have a lot more acceptances to hand out. 

Haha, yeah, good point. Well I hope so! Fingers crossed for us both!!

Last year the waitlist didn't come out until end of June, so it'll probably be a while before any news of that emerges. Your stats are decent and there's a few months left in the application cycle so try not to stress about it too much! If you haven't been accepted/rejected by the time the waitlist comes out, you'll be on it, and there's usually a bit of movement on the waitlist throughout the summer.

Waitlisted to today. I won't be accepting the spot on the waitlist.

Waitlisted too but asking to be removed

cGPA: 3.55 L2: 3.77

LSAT: 161

Just now, rebeccius said:

Waitlisted today (Mature applicant) 

Stats?

Posted (edited)

Waitlisted: 3.6L2 and 161 only write, will asked to be removed; Good luck everyone!

Edited by MrBing