Sign in to follow this  
Rascal2017

Osgoode Chambers - unit options

I filled out my housing application for York Apartments with the understanding that I would get a unit in Osgoode Chambers (law students are guaranteed a unit in Osgoode Chambers).  In the section where they ask you to list your 2 choices for which style of unit you would like, it gave the option of a furnished one bedroom as well as an option for an unfurnished one bedroom.  I have my own furniture so I want to list an unfurnished one bedroom as my first choice.  Everything I've read and seen seems to indicate that Osgoode Chambers only has furnished units (please correct me if I'm wrong).  If this is true, would that mean that I would get a unit that is not in Osgoode Chambers if I chose to take an unfurnished one bedroom?  Any clarification would be appreciated.

It is correct that the Chambers rooms are only furnished. I went through the same thing and came to the conclusion that the system is terrible once I talked to someone on the phone.

Has anybody heard from the Housing Services to confirm their spot yet? I applied in early April.

Edited by Mocha

15 hours ago, Mocha said:

Has anybody heard from the Housing Services to confirm their spot yet? I applied in early April.

Nothing yet. I applied before April. 

Speaking of chambers, is that recruitment email stilll the way to get a tour? Also, do you get to chose the floor, street side, etc before going into a unit? Didn’t see any option when applying. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, samuellevin said:

Speaking of chambers, is that recruitment email stilll the way to get a tour? Also, do you get to chose the floor, street side, etc before going into a unit? Didn’t see any option when applying. 

I am somehow under the impression that you can email [email protected] to specify your needs. (I don't even know how I got this impression so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I had to email them to make a correction to my application, and I simply added that I would like an apartment on a higher floor. Not sure whether I'll get what I want, but I assume it won't hurt to ask.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:54 PM, Mocha said:

I am somehow under the impression that you can email [email protected] to specify your needs. (I don't even know how I got this impression so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I had to email them to make a correction to my application, and I simply added that I would like an apartment on a higher floor. Not sure whether I'll get what I want, but I assume it won't hurt to ask.

Did you ever get a response to your preference? I checked out chambers a week ago and know where I’d like a room, but don’t know if I can just email them and say this is the one I want. 

9 hours ago, samuellevin said:

Did you ever get a response to your preference? I checked out chambers a week ago and know where I’d like a room, but don’t know if I can just email them and say this is the one I want. 

I'm not so sure. I had to email them because I chose something unfurnished for my second option, and Osgoode Chambers doesn't have the unfurnished, and I mentioned in that email that I would like be on a higher floor. They didn't respond to that email at all. I only want a bachelor's room so I'm definitely gonna get my first option, so I didn't worry about the non-response.

I think you can just try to email them and ask.