Sign in to follow this  
Rascal2017

Parking

2 hours ago, ZineZ said:

I mean that I bought one for a week. Did they not let you do it? 

Nope! They were immensely unhelpful when I called to ask. 

You must just be more charming than I am ;) 

14 hours ago, samuellevin said:

Did you get this when you applied for the permit or around the start of the semester? 

I can't remember, to be honest. It's been a while.

12 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Nope! They were immensely unhelpful when I called to ask. 

You must just be more charming than I am ;) 

I wonder if they changed some policy. It's been a while. 

Are we only allowed to park in the parking that we asked for in our application? Or is it more of a go to which ever outdoor parking has a spot? 

On 7/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, samuellevin said:

Are we only allowed to park in the parking that we asked for in our application? Or is it more of a go to which ever outdoor parking has a spot? 

Only the one you asked (and paid) for in your application.

York Security is tight on parking and checks all lots 1-2 times a day, typing in each and every license plate in view to ensure the car is in the right spot. 

There's a cheap lot, $6 for 24h at the plaza across the street from The Pond Road entrance (where Hoops, Tim Hortons are). It's a bit of hike (7-10min) to Osgoode, which is tough in the winter because no one plows half the sidewalks, but worth it for the significantly cheaper price than anything on York campus.

Also since it's 24h, if you end up staying for pub night you have the convenience of leaving your car (no drink driving) overnight and just refilling the meter/picking it up in the morning.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, barrett said:

There's a cheap lot, $6 for 24h at the plaza across the street from The Pond Road entrance (where Hoops, Tim Hortons are). It's a bit of hike (7-10min) to Osgoode, which is tough in the winter because no one plows half the sidewalks, but worth it for the significantly cheaper price than anything on York campus.

Also since it's 24h, if you end up staying for pub night you have the convenience of leaving your car (no drink driving) overnight and just refilling the meter/picking it up in the morning.

$6 per day really isn’t much cheaper (if at all) than york. Maybe a $100-200 less per year, if you don’t study on campus on off days. 

Apply to waitlist for Nelson Road as soon as you get accepted to law school - typically takes about 1.5-2 years so you will get it for entirety of 3L. It's a sweet lot especially when leaving the library late at night.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:47 AM, BlockedQuebecois said:

$6 per day really isn’t much cheaper (if at all) than york. Maybe a $100-200 less per year, if you don’t study on campus on off days. 

Cheaper if you're purchasing on a day-by-day basis, probably not if you have a parking pass. The lots on York are $15-$20 per day.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 5:21 AM, barrett said:

Cheaper if you're purchasing on a day-by-day basis, probably not if you have a parking pass. The lots on York are $15-$20 per day.

The advice was perfect for someone only looking to park on occasion and take transit otherwise.  Thank you!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, BlockedQuebecois said:

If I recall correctly, this lot also offers long term parking (monthly) - though I can't remember the exact cost, I do remember that it was cheaper than York … but as indicated, it's about a 10 minute walk to campus. 

On 4/24/2018 at 2:55 PM, Ryn said:

Unreserved means they give you a permit to park but you might not get a spot if a particular lot is full. Reserved means they sell only as many permits as they have spots, so you’ll always have a place to park. For obvious reasons, reserved permits are more expensive. 

Closest lot to chambers is Passy. 

Have you experienced a situation where you were not able to find a spot at passy after having a parking permit? I was thinking of getting a reserved spot - are any of these close to the Osgoode building:

Lumbers-Lot 73, Nelson Road-Lot 82, West Office Building (WOB)-Lot 78, determined at purchase, 24 hours daily

Thanks for your time!