Hey guys! My status just changed to "Deferred Decision." It says they're waiting for final marks. 

Should I be hopeful or not? 

3 minutes ago, hopeful2018 said:

Hey guys! My status just changed to "Deferred Decision." It says they're waiting for final marks. 

I'd be hopeful if your winter grades are all A or higher!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hopeful2018 said:

Did you get an email as well?

32 minutes ago, hopeful2018 said:

My status changed to this as well today. Here's hoping final term marks are enough to pull is in!

14 minutes ago, MacGrad17 said:

Did you get an email as well?

I didn't get an email, just checked on the student portal website.

Posted (edited)

Status also changed to deferred decision today! It says "further grades required" beside it. No email, just on the site. 

Anyone have further insight on this??? Feeling anxious lol 

Stats: 

CGPA: 3.2  L2/B2: 3.6ish 

LSAT: 163 

Average EC's, (I think) strong LORs + personal statement 

Access 

Edited by katt95
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NiceGuyTriesHard said:

If people don't mind sharing, what are the stats of those who have been deferred? 

Status also changed today. 

cGPA: 3.29, not sure about L2

LSAT: 166

• Like 1

Received this update as well. Didn't receive an email, just updated on my account. 

3.55/150. 

Access category 

Does anyone know if this is good or bad? also, will have All A's in courses once I receive my final transcript. 

• Like 1

western is an L2 school, so posting a cgpa does not indicate much, share L2 if you want a better picture of your chances. Got the email too. Cgpa:2.84 L2:3.73 Lsat 162.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

they also just sent the letter in Western Student Centre: 

Thank you for your application to Western Law, which we have reviewed. I am writing to let you know that a decision on your application has been deferred until we receive a final transcript of your current academic studies. If you have not already done so, please arrange to have a copy of your final transcript sent directly to OLSAS using the methods indicated in the Transcripts section of the OLSAS application guide.

When we receive your transcript, we will reassess your application and notify you of the Admission Committee's final decision. One of three outcomes is possible: (1) we may offer you admission to the class of 2021; (2) the class may be filled and we may offer you a position on the wait list; or (3) we may not be in a position to make you an offer. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phone at 519-661-3356 or email [email protected]

Very truly yours,

Signature
Danielle C. Lacasse, BA, B.Ed, LLB, LLM.
Assistant Dean (Admissions and Recruitment)
Edited by aaronl

8 minutes ago, aaronl said:

Thank you for your application to Western Law, which we have reviewed. I am writing to let you know that a decision on your application has been deferred until we receive a final transcript of your current academic studies. If you have not already done so, please arrange to have a copy of your final transcript sent directly to OLSAS using the methods indicated in the Transcripts section of the OLSAS application guide.

When we receive your transcript, we will reassess your application and notify you of the Admission Committee's final decision. One of three outcomes is possible: (1) we may offer you admission to the class of 2021; (2) the class may be filled and we may offer you a position on the wait list; or (3) we may not be in a position to make you an offer. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phone at 519-661-3356 or email [email protected]

Very truly yours,

Signature

Thanks for sharing. Where in the student centre is this displayed? (Similar stats to many in this thread and want to make sure I'm not missing it)

9 minutes ago, NiceGuyTriesHard said:

Thanks for sharing. Where in the student centre is this displayed? (Similar stats to many in this thread and want to make sure I'm not missing it)

The section that used to indicate "Applied" changed to "Defer Decn" and a link for the letter shared above besides the Deferred Status

• Like 1

Received the e-mail around 5:45 p.m. ET. 

L2 is around 3.65 

LSAT 157

Little confused since I finished classes in December but convocate in June; so I don't have any Winter 2018 grades to submit - I'll have to call and clarify.

• Like 1

Wow... western has been blunt on sending out rejections/deferrals so far this cycle. Congrats to everyone still standing lol 

I'd see these deferrals as a positive, especially with the way they've been sending out rejections to people with good stats. Goes to show that you have positives in your app and have successfully intrigued admissions... maybe they just need that little push of a stronger L2 to be in confident in your offer of admission! 

• Like 2

Also received the email this afternoon. 

CGPA: 3.21 (horrible first year)

L2: 3.75

LSAT: 157 only write. 

Wasn't betting on Western but I guess my strong upward trend which I emphasized in my P.S ended up being a positive and saved me from getting rejected till now. Best of luck to everyone!

21 hours ago, aaronl said:

Very truly yours,

Signature

Hey! Do we just wait? Or do we have to do something on OLSAS to have them send a copy of our final transcript?  

anyone have any insight into past deferred decisions? i.e. if they're specifically looking for continued upward trends/just making sure you don't drop/likelihood of getting in at this point?