GoLeafsGo

How did you feel after you accepted?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Didn't you get a 158 on your first write?

Yup, with essentially no prep, because my practice tests all came in above 160 and I didn’t care about scoring higher. My posts don’t go against that. I wish I got to write a test like the MCAT before it.

Edited by ToLawAndLetLaw
Dealing with a literalist

13 minutes ago, hopefulcanadianlawyr said:

Yup, with essentially no prep, because my practice tests all came in above 160 and I didn’t care about scoring higher. My posts don’t go against that. I wish I got to write a test like the MCAT before it.

And then you prepped and continued to fail to score above 170? 

You're talking a big game for someone who has failed to demonstrate they can hit that score. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

And then you prepped and continued to fail to score above 170? 

You're talking a big game for someone who has failed to demonstrate they can hit that score. 

No, I made it clear in my last past that I didn’t about scoring past a 160. Lmao.

1 minute ago, hopefulcanadianlawyr said:

No, I made it clear in my last past that I didn’t about scoring past a 160. Lmao.

Yes, and I'm pointing out that your claim you could score over 170 is completely unsubstantiated. You tried, and you didn't succeed. 

If you're going to trash people for not being humble, you may want to be able to back up your talk. As it is, you haven't walked the walk. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

Yes, and I'm pointing out that your claim you could score over 170 is completely unsubstantiated. You tried, and you didn't succeed. 

If you're going to trash people for not being humble, you may want to be able to back up your talk. As it is, you haven't walked the walk. 

No, I tried to score above a 160 and did succeed. Have you read the prep most people put in to getting a 170? I barely did anything compared to them. If I didn’t get in to my top choice school, the best in the country, without even needing to, maybe I would have. But why would I put in the effort otherwise?

I can and do back up my talk. Read my posts - none are misleading. You consistently call me out, far more than anyone else, for anything I say on here. I don’t engage in trying to bring down others, including you, because I’m not insecure in the slightest.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hopefulcanadianlawyr said:

OMG, scoring 170 on the LSAT would have just required me taking the test half as seriously as most other people, which is hard when it’s questions are mostly a joke. Or not having weird things happen on test day that never happened on exam days throughout undergrad. When you know you only need a 160 to get into a good LS, who cares? And that goes for a ton of other people too. It’s nothing to get cocky over (though I hope they do get cocky in some ways).

this is far more cocky than what sotiredofyork said haha

Edited by Inconspicuous
Clarity
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

this is far more cocky than what the first person said haha

Especially coming from someone that's never scored close to a 170, despite writing twice :rolleyes:

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Once you are in law school, you should never be talking about your LSAT score. No one should know what it was. People who talk about what a great score they got risk being socially ostracized. I don't think my BFF and I know each others' scores.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, providence said:

Once you are in law school, you should never be talking about your LSAT score. No one should know what it was. People who talk about what a great score they got risk being socially ostracized. I don't think my BFF and I know each others' scores.

I shouldn't have put it on my 1L resumes?! Well, that explains a lot. 

Now, now. You're all either law students or almost law students. It's time to admit that taking pride in your LSAT isn't cocky, it's beneath you. You have entirely new realms of cocky to explore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, providence said:

2 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

I shouldn't have put it on my 1L resumes?! Well, that explains a lot. 

I actually saw a post on reddit lsat or lawschooladmissions (not sure which one) a lil while ago. OP was asking if they should put their 17x (don't remember the exact score but it was over a 170) on their CV and like a lot of people were encouraging it. I got ripped for saying it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard :S

• Like 1

I'd also like to add re being able to hit a 170 easily because you came 'close' to it, for the purposes of this convo and for future test takers.

It is simply not the case. The biggest and easiest gains are made in the 140-160 range. Once you start hitting the low/mid 160s, it means you're probably getting all the easy questions right, most of the medium ones right,  and none of the hardest ones. To jump from a mid 160 to a 170+, then, means you need to start getting the hardest questions right, which by definition, is obviously hard.

Also, a 165 to 170 is a 5 point jump. That's not insignificant. That's around ~5-8 more correct answers, and tied in to the previous paragraph, 5-8 of the hardest questions on the test. No easy feat. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

this is far more cocky than what sotiredofyork said haha

Thing is, it’s not. BQ just has some weird personal vendetta with me.

18 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Especially coming from someone that's never scored close to a 170, despite writing twice :rolleyes:

:lol:

And never caring about scoring a 170, because it just didn’t matter. The law school I go to has a better reputation than yours (find a ranking site anywhere that says different). Attack me personally as much as you want, only your insecurity will be perpetuated as a result.

Edited by ToLawAndLetLaw

2 minutes ago, hopefulcanadianlawyr said:

And never caring about scoring a 170, because it just didn’t matter. The law school I go to has a better reputation than yours (find a ranking site anywhere that says different). Attack me personally as much as you want, only your insecurity will be perpetuated as a result.

So I’m fully aware that not detecting sarcasm is a sign of autism, but it’s been a long day and I think you’re actually serious. If I’m right, thefuck dude. If I’m not, I really need to go to bed…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hopefulcanadianlawyr said:

Thing is, it’s not. BQ just has some weird personal vendetta with me.

Fine. Equally as cocky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

I actually saw a post on reddit lsat or lawschooladmissions (not sure which one) a lil while ago. OP was asking if they should put their 17x (don't remember the exact score but it was over a 170) on their CV and like a lot of people were encouraging it. I got ripped for saying it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard :S

OMG it is the dumbest thing I've ever heard too! Do NOT put it on your resume, kids.

If your score was that good, you probably got offered entrance scholarships / significant assistance etc from your law school and possibly other organizations and you can put the name of the scholarship/awards you got on your resume. I never put my SAT scores for US schools, but I put that I was a National Merit finalist and all the other awards that came out of writing the SAT.

• Like 6