stats: cGPA: ~3.3 l2: ~3.8

lsat: 161 finishing up my MSc

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2018-05-17 at 3:41 PM, FeatheredHarry said:

Refused today 

GPA 3.7

LSAT 158

Sorry to hear. Was the 3.7 your CGPA? If it is I’m surprised because 3.7 is decently strong. Your LSAT is good too. Have you applied elsewhere?

• Like 1

On 2018-05-19 at 8:16 PM, Neurolaw said:

Sorry to hear. Was the 3.7 your CGPA? If it is I’m surprised because 3.7 is decently strong. Your LSAT is good too. Have you applied elsewhere?

Yeah it's too bad because Ottawa was the one school I actually wanted to go to, so it's especially disappointing. But yeah I applied to Toronto and Queens as well. Rejected from the former, still "pending" in the latter. :/

12 hours ago, FeatheredHarry said:

Yeah it's too bad because Ottawa was the one school I actually wanted to go to, so it's especially disappointing. But yeah I applied to Toronto and Queens as well. Rejected from the former, still "pending" in the latter. :/

I agree that your cgpa and lsat stats are strong! Very surprised they didnt choose you. Heres hoping you get good news from Queens 

Refused on Friday (no e-mail)

LSAT 158
CGPA 3.29 B2 3.5

A little disheartening, but glad to have been admitted at Windsor

• Like 1

No email, just checked the student page today after a few weeks.

cgpa: 3.08

L2: 3.54 or 3.71 (blurry on included/excluded)

LSAT: 159(dec), 160(feb)

Regular category. Average volunteer/ECs/Awards/Work Exp etc. Good references. Personal statement not tailored, but well written.

Fortunate to have had 4 other schools extend offers. Good luck to everyone!

4 hours ago, account681 said:

No email, just checked the student page today after a few weeks.

cgpa: 3.08

L2: 3.54 or 3.71 (blurry on included/excluded)

LSAT: 159(dec), 160(feb)

Regular category. Average volunteer/ECs/Awards/Work Exp etc. Good references. Personal statement not tailored, but well written.

Fortunate to have had 4 other schools extend offers. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck my friend! Don’t give up! You still have a chance it seems!!

• Like 1

I've accepted an offer for another school (which I prefer over uOttawa) but I just wanted to know what it means if the application reads "Your application was cancelled for administrative reasons."?

Because uOttawa wasn't high on my priority list, I wasn't keeping an eye on my uoZone (I didn't even realize I could check my status on there) and I never received an email, except when the confirmed receipt of my application. Does anyone know what this means? Any help is appreciated!

Edited by nerfherder
grammar style

5 hours ago, nerfherder said:

I've accepted an offer for another school (which I prefer over uOttawa) but I just wanted to know what it means if the application reads "Your application was cancelled for administrative reasons."?

Because uOttawa wasn't high on my priority list, I wasn't keeping an eye on my uoZone (I didn't even realize I could check my status on there) and I never received an email, except when the confirmed receipt of my application. Does anyone know what this means? Any help is appreciated!

What I suspect it may be, (but I’m just guessing), is that if you haven’t checked this entire month then you may have been placed on the waitlist, at which point you would’ve had to email admissions to convey your interest to stay on by May 25th and if they didn’t get a response they would’ve cancelled your application. Again, just a guess.

Edited by SlickRick

15 hours ago, SlickRick said:

What I suspect it may be, (but I’m just guessing), is that if you haven’t checked this entire month then you may have been placed on the waitlist, at which point you would’ve had to email admissions to convey your interest to stay on by May 25th and if they didn’t get a response they would’ve cancelled your application. Again, just a guess.

That's my suspicion as well. I still would have chosen UVic over Ottawa but I just wanted to know out of curiosity. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 17/05/2018 at 10:26 PM, Shades87 said:

Sorry to say that that's not what the 87 means. I was born in '94.

I got into both the single and dual program at Windsor. Did you apply there? 

This is maybe too late, but you should do the single program. 

Don't pay US tuition for a degree that has very little utility... 

9 minutes ago, easttowest said:

This is maybe too late, but you should do the single program. 

Don't pay US tuition for a degree that has very little utility... 

Really appreciate it! I accepted the single immediately. I definitely agree, the price tag for the Dual is just not worth it. 

Just now, Shades87 said:

Really appreciate it! I accepted the single immediately. I definitely agree, the price tag for the Dual is just not worth it. 

Good choice. 

I actually can't think of a reason to get a dual-JD unless you have a very specific niche career in mind from the start. And even then I don't know why you wouldn't just get a Canadian JD and then pass the bar in the State you needed your dual degree for instead of paying $$$ for US degree from a school nowhere near the T14 (or 16 or whatever it is). 

1 minute ago, catchmeifyoucan said:

Hey Everyone, 

I'm wondering if I haven't heard anything by now if I should just assume I'm rejected. My status is still under evaluation. 

Judging by the "Rejections" thread, the school would have updated your status to reflect that if that were the case. 

Without giving false hope, a lot of my classmates received their acceptances to Ottawa throughout the summer, including September and one even after classes had started. 

It isn't over until it's over, is what I'm saying. 

• Like 1