Sign in to follow this  
bobsondugnutt

So... what happens now?

1 hour ago, michelle8 said:

Does Queens ever just not notify you? Or would you definitely be told it was a no? Also is it the same for other schools, will they always give you a response either way?

I am still on 2012 Windsor, Osgoode, Queen's and Western's wait list

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, Luckycharm said:

I am still on 2012 Windsor, Osgoode, Queen's and Western's wait list

LOL well that's discouraging. I haven't been waitlisted yet per say. For Queens it says that the university decision is pending and for Osgoode it says in queue for review, although I am quite certain they have reviewed my file at this point because it has been in queue since November 20th.

Does anyone have any information on the status of queens' law class? Ie. is it full, mostly full, half full? Also, from other threads Ive heard that Ottawa has been slower than other schools this year - is this the same case for Queens? 

• Like 2

Anyone have any insight or even just a guess on when we will hear something? More acceptances, rejections or waitlist? The silence is torture!

16 hours ago, Matureplus said:

Anyone have any insight or even just a guess on when we will hear something? More acceptances, rejections or waitlist? The silence is torture!

I emailed to ask when I could expect a decision and when the class will be filled and they replied that everyone will receive a decision once the class is filled in early to mid June. They advised that they do not disclose ranking details before a decision is made.  So we have a few weeks left to hear. I haven’t heard of anyone being waitlisted yet but there have been rejections so it appears that “pending” means there is still hope at this point. The Facebook page for the 2021 class shows around 163 members last time I checked (including some faculty) so there are still several spots left (assuming everyone who has firm accepted has joined the Facebook page). Good luck to everyone still “pending”! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hey all. So I did some dumb shit when I was younger and was wondering if any of this could bite me in the ass for the bar or law school in general.   When I was a minor I was with a few friends and we jumped over a fence into a closed outdoor public pool. Didn’t damage anything we just hung around and I guess a neighbour saw us and called cause a cop came. We all got tickets for being in the public park after a certain hour but nothing serious like trespassing.     Another time when I was a minor, my friend egged someone’s house and I was driving. The owner of the house apparently recognized our car and told the cops who they thought did it (me and my friend). I was never questioned by the cops or even a call but when I later apologized to the person who got egged (cause I felt bad later, stopped talking to the friend who did it) they said they told the cops our name. I assume since nothing ever came from that, there wasn’t even a formal charge because it wasn’t prove able so the cops just wrote our names down then gave up.   I also got suspended for a day once in high school (grade 11)  because some dude was trying to kick a bathroom stall door down (he eventually did) and I pulled out my phone to record it as it was happening and apparently that meant I was apart of the vandalism.   I’ve only ever had 1 encounter with the law after the age of 18 and it was when I got a single traffic ticket for speeding/rolling a stop. After this point I stopped doing stupid shit and from then on, things are clear. Is any of this serious enough to screw me over in the future? Nobody needs to tell me how dumb a lot of this shit was, I know already lmao.
    • I am a business lawyer at a mid-sized firm that includes eight personal injury / ICBC defense lawyers. I understand these lawyers expect the pre-no-fault files to keep them busy for approximately the next five years. Four of the lawyers are senior calls who I expect will retire within the next five years or when the work dries up. The other four lawyers already have somewhat varied practices, and I understand they intend to put greater emphasis on other practice areas over time, including family, construction, estate litigation and commercial litigation. One of the lawyers recently added an immigration law practice to his service offering.
    • Just curious to know what my chances are   Thanks in advance! 
    • I'm a 2L at Western and I was accepted with similar, but slightly higher stats (158/3.7cGPA/3.72B2/L2).  I am relatively confident, given my LSAT, that my stats only carried so far and it was my 4th year non-academic experiences that ultimately got me in (I worked full time with a full course load, and did some light volunteering on the side). I would follow the advice of hmyo and rewrite the LSAT.    Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about this in more depth. 
    • I am seeking advice about writing firms for 2021 2L positions in BC/Alberta. Is it appropriate to include cv in cold email? Is it better to just reach out first? If there is a thread about this please share. Thank you!