Sign in to follow this  
Mydream123

Really Need Help - Cant Decide

Hi everyone, I'm currently in my fourth year graduating in Winter 2019. I am planning to write my LSAT in Sept and Nov. I have started to prepare for the LSAT as well. So i am in this dilemma if I should retake a certain course. I failed Stats, but I retook it at a different university and it did not transfer as the one i took before. So i still have that F on my transcript, and it did not change my GPA. I was planning to retake this course in the summer to boost my GPA up, currently my Cumulative GPA is around 3.2 and my L2 is around 3.67. I have been on the deans list twice now. Do you think its worth it?

Most schools will count the F regardless of whether you redo the class- they count all classes taken. So only take the class if you think you'll do very well! or it's better to just take a different course since redoing it won't effect/nullify the previous grade. 

• Like 1

Depends on the schools you want to apply to. If it's drops like UBC, or L2/B2 like UWO/Queen's then no. If it's cGPA schools only like Ottawa, maybe.

All of this depends on your LSAT of course, your cGPA is decent enough that a strong LSAT can compensate.

• Like 1

I have 3.4/3.65/161 and got into Queens mid Feb (accepted right away so didnt hear from other schools after) - so you definently have a good shot depending on your LSAT!

• Like 1

The boost to your average would be minor at best. Just focus on the LSAT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockey5200 said:

I have 3.4/3.65/161 and got into Queens mid Feb (accepted right away so didnt hear from other schools after) - so you definently have a good shot depending on your LSAT!

if you don't mind me asking, did you apply access? I have similar stats (general applicant) so holding out hope!

1 hour ago, NiceGuyTriesHard said:

if you don't mind me asking, did you apply access? I have similar stats (general applicant) so holding out hope!

haha no I was general, but I would argue that my EC's/References are way above average which is what probably did it

• Like 1