Sign in to follow this  
lawstudent15

Chances - 3.6 / 161

Hi, 

Quick question regarding admissions. I am going to be applying next year but am wondering what my chances are, and whether I should maybe work on my GPA before applying. 

Right now I am finishing up my third year and my cGPA is 3.6 and LSAT score is 161. However, I have heard that Osgoode takes a holistic approach at admissions so I'm wondering how much my work experience would factor in. I have been working in the legal environment (as a legal secretary) for about 4.5 years now, so by the time I apply it will be approx 5 years. As for references I have one really good academic and one from my employer (although I am wondering if I should change it so that both are academic). 

Any feedback would be great. Thank you in advance! 

Regards,

Edited by lawstudent15

5 hours ago, lawstudent15 said:

Hi, 

Quick question regarding admissions. I am going to be applying next year but am wondering what my chances are, and whether I should maybe work on my GPA before applying. 

Right now I am finishing up my third year and my cGPA is 3.6 and LSAT score is 161. However, I have heard that Osgoode takes a holistic approach at admissions so I'm wondering how much my work experience would factor in. I have been working in the legal environment (as a legal secretary) for about 4.5 years now, so by the time I apply it will be approx 5 years. As for references I have one really good academic and one from my employer (although I am wondering if I should change it so that both are academic). 

Any feedback would be great. Thank you in advance! 

Regards,

Hi,

Your situation and stats are very similar to mine. LSAT 161, my cGPA was 3.68, with L2 being 3.95,  and worked as a legal secretary as well. and I haven't received a decision from Osgoode or UofT as of yet. WesternU and UOttawa both admitted me in the beginning of January. You definitely already have a decent chance at Osgoode, but if you can bring your GPA to 3.7ish or LSAT to 164 and up, your mind will be a lot more at ease.

Hope this helped,

Cheers

Edited by AGOLL

14 hours ago, AGOLL said:

Hi,

Your situation and stats are very similar to mine. LSAT 161, my cGPA was 3.68, with L2 being 3.95,  and worked as a legal secretary as well. and I haven't received a decision from Osgoode or UofT as of yet. WesternU and UOttawa both admitted me in the beginning of January. You definitely already have a decent chance at Osgoode, but if you can bring your GPA to 3.7ish or LSAT to 164 and up, your mind will be a lot more at ease.

Hope this helped,

Cheers

Hi, 

Thank you. Yes that helps! 

3 minutes ago, lawstudent15 said:

Hi, 

Thank you. Yes that helps! 

I have very similar stats as LS15 (a lower L2), and have not heard back either.