Sign in to follow this  
scoobysnacks

Rejected UofT 2018

18 minutes ago, scoobysnacks said:

B3: ~3.75

LSAT: 165 (dec 2017)

Got the email just now, not really surprised. Good luck to all of those on the waitlist!

They sent it this late at night? Wow, the cruelty of not being able to have a good night's sleep.

Just got the email too :(

3.75 cGPA

Tough one to swallow but not surprising given the waitlist!

Edited by jokesonyou
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

GPA: 3.7

LSAT: 151

not surprised either. I didn't know what I was getting into with the LSAT and only decided to apply pretty late. Maybe I'll try again next year.

Good luck to everyone else!

Just now, rwilli said:

not surprised either. I didn't know what I was getting into with the LSAT and only decided to apply pretty late. Maybe I'll try again next year.

You should definitely try next year. Best of luck. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rwilli said:

Wow exact same stats. Also not surprised. Wrote mine in December, but I thought I would score somewhere in the 165+ range by then lol. 

Glad I finally heard back though. A really nice rejection letter BTW!! 

• Like 1

Just received the email

cGPA: 3.58 LSAT: 172

Wrote the LSAT in February so I was a late applicant 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, nnnnnnn said:

WES GPA: 3.74

LSAT: 169

wow, your stats are high, were you a late applicant?

Edited by krnprykt

Now although I withdrew my application through olsas because I knew it wasn't gonna make It, they still sent me a rejection which I suprisngly found in my junk mail lol 😂 

Fingers crossed for the last bit of the admission cycle stretch

Reference for future applicants, olsas 3.61 cgpa l2 3.76 b2 3.86 Dec lsat 16p Feb lsat 162

Edited by Timmies123

Got the ding.  155 (dec) 162 (feb) LSAT. 3.01 CGPA, ~3.65 B3.  Mature category.  Appreciate the effort they put into the rejection letter!

Would anyone be willing to post an image of their rejection email? I was wondering if they send the exact same email to every student they reject, or if they  have different rejection letters for different types of applicants. 

Edited by xoxogossipgirl

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• If there is one thing I'm getting from this thread, OP, it's that both schools should provide you with the opportunity to practice in Toronto, though which one provides a "better" advantage for that goal is unclear. With that in mind, perhaps you should consider your second criteria: whether you would rather have the once in a lifetime experience of Dal, or be closer to family and friends in Windsor, for your decision. This is the place you're going to be living for three years, so figuring which city you'd rather live in should probably play a big factor in your decision.
    • Hi @Malicious Prosecutor, I hope it's all right for me to revive this thread. I have appreciated reading everyone's helpful comments on this thread, and I hoped that asking my question here rather than in a private DM could benefit others with similar questions. Do you have any advice for someone that has never worked in a criminal law setting (prosecution or defence) looking to make a transition into Crown Prosecution? For a bit of context without providing too much identifying information (although I'd be happy to answer more personal questions over DM), I have always been interested in criminal law and working with the Alberta Crown Prosecution Service; however, I was unsuccessful during the summer and articling recruits at securing a position with them. As a summer student, articling student, and now lawyer, I have worked in a variety of civil litigation roles. Unfortunately, those roles haven't provided me with a lot of courtroom experience (although I'm trying to gain more experience at my current role). While I have some related criminal law experience during law school, I have not had any since graduating.  Is it common for civil litigators to transition early in their careers, or is it more common for them to work several years before making that transition? Would you recommend that I stick it out for a few more years and focus on getting as much courtroom experience as possible before trying to make any transition? I would appreciate any advice that you (or others on this forum) may have to offer.  Thank you!      
    • If someone can (a) be licensed to practice law in Canada and (b) think that this is how discrimination works, then our licensing standards are not rigorous enough.   
    • @needhelp11 - It's nice that you were successful and all as a Bond grad, but please stop using the term "discrimination" so liberally. I guess what you describe is "discrimination" in the technical sense of something being differentiated from something else based on perceived differences, but of course the more colloquial use of the term implies this differentiation is unjust/unfair/prejudicial/irrational/etc. And look, there are rational reasons for an employer to look more favorably upon a Canadian law degree, which implies a certain baseline level of competence, work ethic, etc, than a degree from a pretty much open-access school like Bond (which not only is anyone with a pulse capable of getting, but which to most Canadian-trained legal professionals is indicative of questionable judgement in most cases). To call that "discrimination" is just an insult to anyone who has faced real discrimination.
    • No. Only had the confirmation of application from last Tuesday.