Sign in to follow this  
habeascorps

Barrister Exam (March 2017) - Thoughts?

Hi everyone,

I wrote the exam yesterday. I felt alright about it - definitely found public law to be hard though. :( Did anyone else write it - what were your thoughts? I hope and pray I passed but you just never know with LSUC.

Did anyone feel like there were many 'experimental' type questions? I felt like there were quite a few odd questions.

Does anyone know if failing miserably in one section may result in an overall fail?

On to the solicitors now..for the 3rd time.

Good luck! I wrote barrister yesterday. 

Hows your timing been? I made sure to stick to the time frame per question or be forced to move on. 

It was brutal yesterday, crim and family destroyed me. PR and CIV was somewhat easier. 

3 hours ago, hogwartslawyer said:

Hows your timing been? I made sure to stick to the time frame per question or be forced to move on. 

It was brutal yesterday, crim and family destroyed me. PR and CIV was somewhat easier. 

I was okay for timing (I did make a lot of educated guesses though so as to not run out of time). I thought public law was brutal. How did you find that to be? Everything else was quite a blur but I do remember fam and crim to be a lot harder than civ. I found PR to be okay for the most part. 

Wrote the Barristers this week for the first time. Total bloodbath. Found the first half to be absolutely brutal, and easily guessed half of the questions on the exam. Came as quite the shock as I excelled in practice exams, read the materials, etc.

Anyone have any insight/similar experiences? Is this typical?

Edited by QuasiDelict

On 2018-03-14 at 5:12 PM, hogwartslawyer said:

Agreed, Civ Lit & PR was not too bad. I found Family & Crim to be more challenging. Public Law hit or miss. 

Yes, I had a similar experience as well! I found Civil and the PR questions to be alright. Family was OK but Criminal I found to be the hardest ! I remember making educated guesses for half of the section of Criminal Law. Public also I found hit and miss! I also found a lot of odd questions that didn't seem to be in the materials! It's a mystery whether these types of questions were in the materials or not.

Edited by jazz79