Sign in to follow this  
xvega

Reusing reference letters next year

At this rate I don't think ill be accepted this year due to my unacceptable LSAT score. I was wondering if those who have not been accepted have been able to reuse the reference letters one has received for next year. Or do they have to contact the teachers/employees and get them to re-write the letters once again?

Is there anyone on this forum that can shed some light on my inquiry.

Cheers.

If you're applying through OLSAS, I'm (95%) sure that you will have to ask them to resubmit. I think everything you have on OLSAS for this year gets wiped out for next cycle (unlike the LSAC system, where your reference letters can stay on for years I think). 

I know Queens keeps your reference letter for one more year in the event that you reapply, but I think the other OLSAS schools will require resubmission.

I assumed OLSAS would give you the option to reuse the reference letters in the event that one doesn't gain admission.

I hate the fact that I'm going to have to contact my teachers and ask them again for a reference, I find it quite embarrassing. That's just me though..

Is there anyone else with absolute certainty that OLSAS will not keep those references?

7 minutes ago, xvega said:

I assumed OLSAS would give you the option to reuse the reference letters in the event that one doesn't gain admission.

I hate the fact that I'm going to have to contact my teachers and ask them again for a reference, I find it quite embarrassing. That's just me though..

Is there anyone else with absolute certainty that OLSAS will not keep those references?

your best bet is to call and ask directly

2 hours ago, xvega said:

Unless they changed anything I am positive that they do not keep the letters and you have to re-submit them, I applied twice and had to do so. However, I hated the idea as well that I would have to re-ask people. I was in my fourth year when I applied the first time and I was confident I wouldn't be getting in so I started making new connections with profs, I only had to re-ask one person but I knew them well because of work so it wasn't like they would not know about my rejections anyways.

15 hours ago, foreveraloan said:

Unless they changed anything I am positive that they do not keep the letters and you have to re-submit them, I applied twice and had to do so. However, I hated the idea as well that I would have to re-ask people. I was in my fourth year when I applied the first time and I was confident I wouldn't be getting in so I started making new connections with profs, I only had to re-ask one person but I knew them well because of work so it wasn't like they would not know about my rejections anyways.

You are right. I called them and they indicated that the application does get wiped and the individual is required to get all of the necessary information once again.

This sucks..

Thanks again for the response guys.