Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
emasrbmk

chances? 3.51 cgpa, 150 and 156.

Recommended Posts

L2 might be 3.6 or so .. LSAT's are from dec 2017 and feb 2018. 

Do I have any shot for Fall 2018? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious about this as well! I have similar stats - 3.53 CGPA, L2 around the same or higher, LSAT: 154 (June 17), 159 (Sept 17), and 156 (Feb 18). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's well below the median for both lsat and gpa and l2 I think it cud be very difficult 

The second poster perhaps the 159 might do something very late in the cycle e.g. August but it' an uphill battle 

Edited by Timmies123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st poster - If you're unsure about your L2 I would recommend calculating it to find out for sure.  Queens seems to be focusing more on L2 this cycle.  If your "3.6 or so" L2 is a 3.65ish or higher, I think you may have a shot later on in the cycle, maybe summer.  Worst case, try bringing that LSAT above a 160 and re-apply next cycle.

Are you still completing your undergrad? I ask in case there is any chance you may be able to bump up that L2 a little bit.  My CGPA was lower than yours (3.49) and I got into QL this Feb (163 LSAT 3.76 L2).  

If you have your heart set on QL, your stats are fairly salvageable for next admissions cycle.

Have you applied/been accepted elsewhere?

 

2nd poster - Again I would calculate your L2 so you know for sure, with your 159 and your decent CGPA I think it could make all the difference in knowing whether or not your competitive. 

 

 

Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreamCheeseLion said:

1st poster - If you're unsure about your L2 I would recommend calculating it to find out for sure.  Queens seems to be focusing more on L2 this cycle.  If your "3.6 or so" L2 is a 3.65ish or higher, I think you may have a shot later on in the cycle, maybe summer.  Worst case, try bringing that LSAT above a 160 and re-apply next cycle.

Are you still completing your undergrad? I ask in case there is any chance you may be able to bump up that L2 a little bit.  My CGPA was lower than yours (3.49) and I got into QL this Feb (163 LSAT 3.76 L2).  

If you have your heart set on QL, your stats are fairly salvageable for next admissions cycle.

Have you applied/been accepted elsewhere?

 

2nd poster - Again I would calculate your L2 so you know for sure, with your 159 and your decent CGPA I think it could make all the difference in knowing whether or not your competitive. 

 

 

Good Luck!

I will see if I can calculate it out and I'll report back with it but no, unfortunately this is my last year. Thanks anyway. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, emasrbmk said:

I will see if I can calculate it out and I'll report back with it but no, unfortunately this is my last year. Thanks anyway. 

 

 

If this is your last year, then consider staying back for another year to bump up the L2.

You need 3.7+ L2 and 160+ LSAT to be competitive for L2 / B2 schools

 

Edited by Luckycharm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

 

If this is your last year, then consider staying back for another year to bump up the L2.

You need 3.7+ L2 and 160+ LSAT to be competitive for L2 / B2 schools

 

But its already my 5th year... I would just take random courses for no reason to bump it up? I don't understand how that would work. 

Also, I'm not sure if this would be considered differently but I go to U of T, the downtown campus. Its quite difficult to get a high GPA here. 

Edited by emasrbmk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also went to.u of t, my last year being at that.campus, it was harder for me too tbh yes that's true , but the admissions committee will.not care about the fact we went to.u of t or we didn't

That 3.7 changes a lot for you, you might have a shot but imo.that 156 lsat is significantly.lower than class medians and mite hurt your chances or very least push them into late late summer, but some.posters thinking that this cycle is focused more on b2 than lsat which would be really.good for.you

I would guess the advice was suggesting for future cycles e.g. fall 2019 take another year bump up that best 2 last 2, then maybe even retake the lsat again this summer and reapply for the next year' cycle then you mite have a strong shot depending on how the lsat goes , for this cycle I don't see how any of this advice applies 

 

Edited by Timmies123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Timmies123 said:

I also went to.u of t, my last year being at that.campus, it was harder for me too tbh yes that's true , but the admissions committee will.not care about the fact we went to.u of t or we didn't

That 3.7 changes a lot for you, you might have a shot but imo.that 156 lsat is significantly.lower than class medians and mite hurt your chances or very least push them into late late summer, but some.posters thinking that this cycle is focused more on b2 than lsat which would be really.good for.you

I would guess the advice was suggesting for future cycles e.g. fall 2019 take another year bump up that best 2 last 2, then maybe even retake the lsat again this summer and reapply for the next year' cycle then you mite have a strong shot depending on how the lsat goes , for this cycle I don't see how any of this advice applies 

 

Its really unfortunate that degree / where you graduate from isn't taken into account, considering the vast levels of change in difficulty of schools and programs one could take.. Thanks for your advice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreamCheeseLion said:

1st poster - If you're unsure about your L2 I would recommend calculating it to find out for sure.  Queens seems to be focusing more on L2 this cycle.  If your "3.6 or so" L2 is a 3.65ish or higher, I think you may have a shot later on in the cycle, maybe summer.  Worst case, try bringing that LSAT above a 160 and re-apply next cycle.

Are you still completing your undergrad? I ask in case there is any chance you may be able to bump up that L2 a little bit.  My CGPA was lower than yours (3.49) and I got into QL this Feb (163 LSAT 3.76 L2).  

If you have your heart set on QL, your stats are fairly salvageable for next admissions cycle.

Have you applied/been accepted elsewhere?

 

2nd poster - Again I would calculate your L2 so you know for sure, with your 159 and your decent CGPA I think it could make all the difference in knowing whether or not your competitive. 

 

 

Good Luck!

My L2 is 3.53 same as my CGPA, my B2 is 3.58, my B3 is 3.54 

Not sure if this will make a difference in my application!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, emasrbmk said:

L2 might be 3.6 or so .. LSAT's are from dec 2017 and feb 2018. 

Do I have any shot for Fall 2018? 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

Queen's is B2 not L2

From the QL FAQ:

In the General Category, competitive applicants should have at least an “A-” average (GPA 3.7) in the top two years of their undergraduate degree program at a full course load along with an LSAT score of at least 157

 

I always read "top 2" as last two, but re-reading their admissions FAQs it seems your right! Looks like they focus on B2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CreamCheeseLion said:

From the QL FAQ:

In the General Category, competitive applicants should have at least an “A-” average (GPA 3.7) in the top two years of their undergraduate degree program at a full course load along with an LSAT score of at least 157

 

I always read "top 2" as last two, but re-reading their admissions FAQs it seems your right! Looks like they focus on B2.

ohh okay! well hey thats good news I guess. I'm off the minimum score by 1 though so, I probably am not going to be very competitive.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah so they used to explicitly say last 2 years but this year they changed the wording. Back in November it actually literally said "best" but now that it's saying "top" I suppose that's a little more obscure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...