jbird9226

U of T vs top US

12 minutes ago, ScipioAfricanus said:

????

I am sorry, but it looks to me that no one cared to convert the currency. In addition, the so-called high cost-of-living in Toronto really is nothing in comparison to U.S. major cities such as LA, SF, Seattle, after conversion of currency

CAD is not USD. From American prospective, University of Toronto's tuition is so cheap that it is unbelievable, even if it is truly the worst "T14 equivalence"(for lack of a better word)

Year of data = 2020

Total Estimated Cost combined. 

Georgetown Law Center

97,500 USD~=127,376.92 Canadian Dollar

University of Toronto:

50,435 CAD

Georgetown is 151% more expensive than Toronto. 

*I concede that the final bill may be very different once the financial helps from OSAP and school's financial aids are factored in. 

*I also concede that Toronto is more expensive than the rest schools. 

I think a poor man's T14 is a good analogy. It is just to me, it is a praise, not an insult. 

Am I asking too much of law students to convert currency? Are lawyers really so bad with math? I am so stunned. Forgive me please if you can. 

I mean, I'm not sure what converting currency and math have to do with one another since USD rates change on a daily basis.

Oh source: worked in the banking industry for six years.

Edit: Also, this thread started in 2018 and ended in 2018.

Edited by SimmmiSS

7 minutes ago, SimmmiSS said:

I mean, I'm not sure what converting currency and math have to do with one another since USD rates change on a daily basis lol.

Oh source: worked in the banking industry for six years.

I am sorry. I moved from U.S.A. and just got very confused when people complain about the cost of living in Toronto and the tuition fee of U of T. 

I am paying by USD after conversion. Everything looks so cheap like a heaven. 

-----------------

Either way, let me stop here. No necessarily want to start any fight, mostly just write for the future readers. Sort of like more data in the report. 

Edited by ScipioAfricanus

5 minutes ago, ScipioAfricanus said:

I am sorry. I moved from U.S.A. and just got very confused when people complain about the cost of living in Toronto and the tuition fee of U of T. 

I am paying by USD after conversion. Everything looks so cheap like a heaven. 

You don't need to apologize to me, I'm not offended. Living in another country is always going to be a little different. Imagine moving to India, the conversion rate would blow you out of the water. 

2 hours ago, ScipioAfricanus said:

Either way, let me stop here. No necessarily want to start any fight,

You can't keep spewing nonsensical opinions all the time and then resort to a pacifist guise when others rightly challenge those opinions. 

• Like 2