Sign in to follow this  
notnok

What does silence mean?

Other than a rejection from Western, it's still been radio silence from all the law schools I applied to (mostly Ontario schools, but also UBC and UVic).

Does this silence mean that it's time to commit to new plans for September 2018? 

The silence.is beginning to unerve me as well at this point lol

I think we should have a plan no matter what if itndoesnt end up.going down the path we want, but it depends on your stats 

Hearing nothing yet does not necessarily mean you wont get in at all, remeber this process can go on all the way until August, and the major rounds of admissions deadline will.br April 1st there will be another batch of admissions send out after the Feb lsat results are released, along with more rejections, many more admissions offers will be coming in the  end of March

• Thanks 1

I creeped your post history. I'm not yet a student so my only advice is based on what I've compiled from obsessive reading of this forum over the last year, but I would say UofT is out due to your GPA and Ottawa is out if they are truly as cGPA-centric as believed (there are examples of people getting in with low GPA/high LSAT... but probably not <3.0). IIRC UBC and UVic both use a pretty reliable index, have you put your numbers into that and checked?

So based on the above I wouldn't hold your breath for Ontario schools, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be rejected. I'd imagine if you get in it'll be off the waitlist, possibly late in the summer. If you can make tentative plans for September I'd definitely do that but silence isn't necessarily a bad sign and could just be the luck of the draw. I never heard a thing from Queens but got into all my other schools, whereas prior to applying I was told I'd have the best chance with Queens. Don't fully count yourself out yet.

• Thanks 1

Stay cautiously confident. It's a gruelling process waiting to hear back from the schools but don't count yourself out just yet! There's still time and offers do come out well into the summer (even if you aren't on a waitlist). With that being said your cGPA isn't competitive so that might place you in a tough position given that your LSAT score is good. If I were you I would definitely have a Plan B set up come September 2018 should you not get in. Good luck & I hope it works out for you!

• Thanks 1

Silence as of now means you didn't meet the early cutoffs for the schools. When acceptance deadlines have passed schools generally send out another wave of offers to those with the highest stats of the remaining applicants. Not hearing anything so far doesn't necessarily mean you won't get an offer anywhere.

If you fail to get in anywhere this year, you may want to take a look into doing an extra year of undergraduate to improve your GPA. Your LSAT score would give you plenty of options with a better GPA.

If your LSAT is really 173 you'd also be guaranteed acceptance at University of Manitoba as your index score would be 77+. Just an option to think about.

Edited by Toad
  • Thanks 1

@Toad

I don' think silence means you didint meet the cuttoffs because many people have been accepted to schools such as Queens( for queens  I have a confirmed l2 of 3.86 olsas 3.61 and 160 lsat and I'm in the mature access category....) and western with lower stats than mine and yet I sit hear in silence  lol

I don't think it' strictly a numbers thing, either there is something wrong with my lor ec. or  ps/ lsat essay or something non stats related or they are waiting for feb for some.reason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in the same boat, applied to all schools in Ontario and have heard zilch. Stay confident, friendo, but it's always good to have contingencies in the event this cycle is unfavourable. 

Edited by SlickRick
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, notnok said:

Other than a rejection from Western, it's still been radio silence from all the law schools I applied to (mostly Ontario schools, but also UBC and UVic).

Does this silence mean that it's time to commit to new plans for September 2018? 

Sorry for your rejection from Western with 173 LSAT, OP.

When did you hear that from Western?

Did you consider UNB?

Its application deadline is March 1st.

You may have a shot there.

Edited by LawStream

2 hours ago, LawStream said:

Sorry for your rejection from Western with 173 LSAT, OP.

When did you hear that from Western?

Did you consider UNB?

Its application deadline is March 1st.

You may have a shot there.

Oh, I'll look into UNB, thanks! 

And I heard back from Western at about mid January, kind of a while ago. 

Misery loves company! I have applied to seven schools (5 Ontario, UNB & Dal) and have yet to hear anything from anybody. It's not like I am surprised or anything considering my borderline stats - 159, 3.6 - but still, the not knowing aspect of things is awful. I honest to God refresh my email/check my status' 10 times a day.

I am trying to stay cautiously optimistic but it gets harder and harder every day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Not posting the original (read: best) version, you heretic

I first thought of the original. Then figured this was more appropriate. I think it better captures the forced angst and anger of applicant pain.

I don't know, but I just got a voicemail that was 80 seconds of silence.  I'm assuming it was a butt dial?

2 things:

1) you're not good enough to have been offered yet

2) you're not shitty enough to have been rejected yet

Hang in there

• Like 2

Are all your documents in and accounted for? I recently found out one set of my transcripts was lost in the mail and had to get another set ordered.

Edited by Psychometronic