WindsorHopeful

Pending Review

21 minutes ago, onone said:

Safe to assume that Pending Review = Your application has not yet been considered?

Probably - When I asked about status, the advisor said once it is "referred-admissions committee", they'll let you know if the application is missing anything or not. So from that indication, I'm assuming they haven't considered the application yet.

1 hour ago, onone said:

Safe to assume that Pending Review = Your application has not yet been considered?

Correct. 

Still pending review as of March 15th. Seeing waitlisted people getting accepted Is giving me serious anxiety about my status 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Hopeful10101 said:

Still pending review as of March 15th. Seeing waitlisted people getting accepted Is giving me serious anxiety about my status 

Considering they were on a waitlist doesn't help. I'm still pending too and it's giving me anxiety but I honestly think we're at the point of rejection/waitlisted. It sucks. 

4 hours ago, Hopeful10101 said:

2 hours ago, SpaceLawyer said:

Considering they were on a waitlist doesn't help. I'm still pending too and it's giving me anxiety but I honestly think we're at the point of rejection/waitlisted. It sucks. 

So, I am in the same boat as you. This is what reassured me. On a forum post (it is somewhere here if you want to take the time to look for it, I believe in the meet and greet thread?) someone mentioned they called the school and were informed that they haven’t even gotten through all of the applications, they’re only halfway. There are 2000+ applications for a team of 5, and they were also assured the class would not be full until every application was looked at. I know it is super anxiety-inducing to wait and see the process move forward, but this helped me breathe for 0.2 seconds so, hope it helps you too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

So, I am in the same boat as you. This is what reassured me. On a forum post (it is somewhere here if you want to take the time to look for it, I believe in the meet and greet thread?) someone mentioned they called the school and were informed that they haven’t even gotten through all of the applications, they’re only halfway. There are 2000+ applications for a team of 5, and they were also assured the class would not be full until every application was looked at. I know it is super anxiety-inducing to wait and see the process move forward, but this helped me breathe for 0.2 seconds so, hope it helps you too!

While I would like to look at that as a positive, it really isn't. They haven't gone through half of the 2000 people and they already accepted people off an early waitlist. It doesn't really bode well, but i'm a pessimist. 

2 hours ago, Hopefullawapplicant said:

Belay my last message, i'm now referred to adcoms. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, lawapplicant97 said:

An update for those still pending review: I called yesterday and the advisor told me they have around 2000 applications and they've only gone through about half of those. She also told me to check every 2 weeks (I've been psycho checking lol). She also reassured me that the classes will not fill up completely until each application is considered. We're still in the game! 

Do you know if they're going through the applications in a specific order? I submitted my application in November and it's been "pending for review" ever since. (Stats are 3.7 GPA and 151 lsat) 

17 minutes ago, Amrina said:

Do you know if they're going through the applications in a specific order? I submitted my application in November and it's been "pending for review" ever since. (Stats are 3.7 GPA and 151 lsat) 

Honestly have no idea. I don't think they're going by stats though because a few of my friends with lower stats than me have been accepted already

6 minutes ago, Amrina said:

Regarding your question, I am not sure. However, I am aware of an incident that Windsor Law accidentally disclosed applicants' files for "about 15 minutes" (according to its admission committees) last year, which resulted in the issues of "privacy breach" (according to Windsor Law's report).

At that time, Windsor Law's email (to applicants last year) implied that its admission committees already had a tentative list of information on potential admittees as well as possible recipients for scholarships. The incident happened in late January last year. Hence, I suspect that Windsor Law may have already finished a cursory review of all applicants for this cycle too.

That's my just personal opinion. Someone who had an actual experience of application for the last cycle may be able to clarify the "privacy breach" incident.

For your information, my files are still in pending review as well: my stats are 3.78 CGPA, 3.84 B2, 157 LSAT, MA, some unique ECs, and currently doing a combined program of two Master program. I have not been accepted to anywhere yet.

Good luck with your application. I believe that you may have a chance at Ottawa, Windsor, and Lakehead.