Sign in to follow this  
JMya

OASIS Status

Hello All, how long does it take from your "firm acceptance" on OLSAS to transfer to the response "yes" on OASIS? I have been waiting for awhile now.... a week or so, and still nothing has changed. Anyone else had the same issues?

1 hour ago, JMya said:

Hello All, how long does it take from your "firm acceptance" on OLSAS to transfer to the response "yes" on OASIS? I have been waiting for awhile now.... a week or so, and still nothing has changed. Anyone else had the same issues?

It took a month for mine to update, so I wouldn't worry too much.

1 minute ago, Housecopter said:

It took a month for mine to update, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ok, thanks so much. Though did you contact Osgoode to confirm that they have received your response? Because other schools are getting my "declines", and I wanted to make sure that Osgoode actually secure my spot. 

Thank you in advance!

Just now, JMya said:

Ok, thanks so much. Though did you contact Osgoode to confirm that they have received your response? Because other schools are getting my "declines", and I wanted to make sure that Osgoode actually secure my spot. 

Thank you in advance!

I did after a couple weeks.  I'm sure a brief e-mail to admissions is fine, but based on the fact that everyone seems to be experiencing some delay, I wouldn't sweat it until at least a few weeks have gone by.

• Like 1

I firmly accepted my offer on December 11th, 2017, but on OASIS "response to offer" still states "no response." I didn't think much of it as I know these things can take awhile to update, however it has been over a month... I finally emailed admissions today after logging onto this forum and realizing that well over a month is not entirely "normal."

Has this happened/is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have any insight as to what I should do, besides emailing admissions?

20 minutes ago, PetDogsDaily said:

I firmly accepted my offer on December 11th, 2017, but on OASIS "response to offer" still states "no response." I didn't think much of it as I know these things can take awhile to update, however it has been over a month... I finally emailed admissions today after logging onto this forum and realizing that well over a month is not entirely "normal."

Has this happened/is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have any insight as to what I should do, besides emailing admissions?

My theory is that they only update OASIS with your acceptance once they receive your deposit. Have you sent in your deposit yet?

1 hour ago, harveyspecter993 said:

My theory is that they only update OASIS with your acceptance once they receive your deposit. Have you sent in your deposit yet?

No, I haven't sent in my deposit yet!! I was actually waiting on OASIS to update before I did... 

8 hours ago, PetDogsDaily said:

No, I haven't sent in my deposit yet!! I was actually waiting on OASIS to update before I did... 

That is likely the reason. When I firmly accepted I also made sure that I mail my $450 money order on the same day, then my status was updated a week and a bit more after. With the update "paid" as well.