Sign in to follow this  
StuOttYa

Ottawa 2L Recruitment 2018

32 minutes ago, msea said:

Have people who haven't gotten calls today gotten emails from firms saying they're not getting an interview? Also does anyone know the OCI firms that have already made their calls?

No PFO emails yet. I've been told people have gotten calls for interviews from Perley, McCague Borlack, Gowlings, McMillan, and Soloway. That doesn't mean you won't get an offer tho; they aren't required to make all their offers today.

So the rule officially is that employers may begin sending offers today? What’s the deadline on their end? 

Edited by Rogerrabbit

1 hour ago, StuOttYa said:

No PFO emails yet. I've been told people have gotten calls for interviews from Perley, McCague Borlack, Gowlings, McMillan, and Soloway. That doesn't mean you won't get an offer tho; they aren't required to make all their offers today.

I thought the rule was that since interviews would be next week that today was the last day firms could offer interviews?

33 minutes ago, Rogerrabbit said:

So the rule officially is that employers may begin sending offers today? What’s the deadline on their end? 

No idea thats just what the career centre said

8 hours ago, msea said:

I thought the rule was that since interviews would be next week that today was the last day firms could offer interviews?

Career centre said firms can make offers tomorrow or into next week too, and that today was just a guideline. It just depends on their process for selecting students. So stay near your phone!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 10:25 AM, LackOfPatience666 said:

Had anyone heard from the Trade Law Bureau (JLT) or Conlin Bedard yet?

Trade Law Bureau is doing its interviews today and tomorrow. They sent interview invitations via email last week. 

On 2018-02-20 at 11:06 AM, gTee said:

Trade Law Bureau is doing its interviews today and tomorrow. They sent interview invitations via email last week. 

Thanks! Was anyone who interviewed with the Trade Law Bureau told a date about when they expect a decision to be made about first round of interviews? Just wondering how it will go with Ottawa firm decisions.

1 hour ago, chezjackie said:

Has anyone heard from Mann for second interviews/social? 

Not yet. When I saw them yesterday they said it would be around noon.

20 minutes ago, StuOttYa said:

Not yet. When I saw them yesterday they said it would be around noon.

Thank you as always :D

• Like 1

PFOs from McMillan and Mann Lawyers as they head into the second round of in-firm interviews. Invite for a second in-firm interview with McCague Borlack.

Edited by StuOttYa
  • Like 1

So are there other people that did OCIs with Ottawa firms and then never heard any sort of follow up from them at all? I know that this is a pretty intense process but even in Toronto they at least sent out PFOs after OCIs. I understand how this all works but it seems unprofessional to not even send a follow up email regardless of how many applicants there were.

1 hour ago, msea said:

So are there other people that did OCIs with Ottawa firms and then never heard any sort of follow up from them at all? I know that this is a pretty intense process but even in Toronto they at least sent out PFOs after OCIs. I understand how this all works but it seems unprofessional to not even send a follow up email regardless of how many applicants there were.

Yes, some never responded to my thank-you emails either. I agree that PFOs would be nice; the process is anxiety-inducing as it is, without having to wait longer than necessary to hear back (one way or the other).

Edited by StuOttYa

12 minutes ago, StuOttYa said:

Yes, some never responded to my thank-you emails either. I agree that PFOs would be nice; the process is anxiety-inducing as it is, without having to wait longer than necessary to hear back (one way or the other).

Yeah,  I was told how this is a pretty unique process but it's especially frustrating and surprising having come from a recruiting background where meeting and interviewing someone in person and then never following up in any way is more than just frowned upon