grishamlaw

Does anyone have a helpful report on AI and the legal market?

Disclaimer: I know you guys hate talking about this and so do I, but as a law student and hopeful lawyer, I am always on the lookout for something to ruin my day.

With that said, are there any good reports out there outlining how fast some of this stuff is being implemented? I know Denton's uses Ross, but I have no idea how this is affecting associate hiring or whether it even works well. All of the reports seem to hype it up, but no one really says how it's working. It has been a few years since this stuff came out, and I want to know whether I need to worry over the next 5 years. I'm starving for information on this given what seems like a perfect s*** storm: ry-high's new law school, Britain and Australia's increasing imports, alternative services (e.g., Big 4 in some employment and tax stuff), and now AI.  

Not looking for lengthy theories on one side of the argument or the other, but if you have used any of the AI out there and have an opinion, then I would be forever grateful for shining a light on this. I also realize that a lot of this will probably never be implemented in some areas. I don't think a crim firm with 2-3 lawyers or a small general practice in Timmons are going anywhere anytime soon 

I don't have a good report but if you want to sift through the marketing bullshit, read up on things Ed Walters of Fastcase has to say. He's pretty even-keeled about what is possible with the technology.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Hi Last month I decided to register a 6-8 months fulltime certificate diploma program at a private college near my home due to my personal interest. It won't start in late Nov. Now, my question is, should I include this in my academic history? Apparently, I don't have any transcript and I doubt I will have any at the very beginning of the program.     For Ontario law schools, I assume it would be unnecessary because the course won't start before the application deadline(Nov 1st) and I didn't find any relevant information about this on Ontario law schools' pages. However, for some law schools, such as Uof Manitoba and UNB, they ask for full disclosure of academic "you have attended". Not sure if I should include this certificate program into the academic history category.  I don't want to hide anything and I didn't give much thought when I register the course, just purely personal interest and kept me occupied while waiting for the application result.  Now I really don't want to mess up my application for this. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    • it has been suggested more than once here that you can fit in a reception and a dinner on one night. I'm sure OP is just trying to boost his/her chance.
    • Salaries at most big firms seem to have increased to 55,000
    • I know someone who got a 168 working with Tara and she referred me to her directly, however, I've been doing the ultimate 84-hour in class course with the Princeton Review and I find it's helping so far (only half way through). I feel like by the end of it I will be where I want to... or at least I'm hoping so, but progress has been steady.
    • I'm currently taking the ultimate 84-hour course in person and I find that it's really helping. I'm only half way through and I'm grasping concepts quickly, however, I function better in classroom settings with a teacher guiding me so i'm not sure if an online class will be AS effective. Depends on your preferences I guess.