BlockedQuebecois

Ask a 1L — 2018 Edition

On 8/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, tommygun said:

What do people normally wear to the Dean's reception? Like for girls is it cocktail dresses or long dresses? 

We wore cocktail dresses.  Have fun!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Try for a lunch, perhaps? If you turn down a dinner and the opportunity to meet more members of the firm, while many others have accepted that dinner, then your chances are likely going to be affected negatively. I don't think that should be a surprise to anyone.
    • Hi all, I come from a percentage school and am trying to calculate my L2 U of A GPA. U of A doesn't seem to have a conversion table available on their admissions site. So far I've found this: https://www.ualberta.ca/registrar/examinations/assessment-and-grading/grade-comparison-guide Does anyone here know how to convert their transcript to U of A's scale? Thanks
    • Yes, I'd recommend submitting your application at least a few days before the deadline for the reasons you outlined. (I didn't follow my own advice and I submitted it on October 31. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems.) According to the OLSAS FAQ, there should be a "Document Tracking" feature in your account where you can track which transcripts and other documents have been received and processed. https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/documents-in-support-at-the-ouac/
    • Some other schools do. Saskatchewan gives points for a connection to Saskatchewan, and Dalhousie and UNB have regional preferences for maritime students. 
    • Every parent I know admits that they are constantly messing things up and letting things slip between the cracks, either intentionally or accidentally. Obviously there are things that come up that necessitate long hours at times and work on evenings/weekends. But if that's a habit, it means a lot of your work is going to be consistently sub-par, either in terms of quality or productivity.