Sign in to follow this  
CelerySoup

Applicant information from Windsor leaked

17 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

I'm impressed that they sent out this email instead of covering it up. Props to the administration for that.

Agreed.

It sucks that 36 people might know whether the applicant is getting in or not before the applicant does

• Like 3

I am considering asking to see the file, since it contains “admit value”. If 30 random students can see it, I should be able to 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Part of me kind of hopes someone holds on to the "admit value" of the leak and tries to decipher the seemingly random admissions policies of Windsor. But, I may be a bit biased against these policies. 

Just now, LegalArmada said:

Part of me kind of hopes someone holds on to the "admit value" of the leak and tries to decipher the seemingly random admissions policies of Windsor. But, I may be a bit biased against these policies. 

I mean, we could always email the Dean and ask him directly what admit value means. As of this point, we are in the position to ask what it means since 30 other students know, and those students can share to 30 more and etc. 

Just now, lindsn said:

I mean, we could always email the Dean and ask him directly what admit value means. As of this point, we are in the position to ask what it means since 30 other students know, and those students can share to 30 more and etc. 

I intend to. Nothing to lose, so I'll bite the bullet for everyone else. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I intend to. Nothing to lose, so I'll bite the bullet for everyone else. 

Keep us posted! It does make me feel a little uncomfortable that it took the Dean 1 full week to notify us. Although I am aware that administrative bs takes a long time to get investigated, as I'm sure that Windsor has their own protocols. But still... 

I received this as well. Happy to hear I'm not the only one, and hoping this doesn't affect admissions in a substantial way. I just want an answer asap haha

• Like 2

Before everyone pulls out the pitchforks. I understand the upset, trust me I'm not happy that my info was possibly released, but 2 points:

1- Windsor took full ownership. They made sure to email us, and did offer to discuss with students who had any questions about the matter.

2- This occurred on the 16th according to the email. I mean granted it would have been nice if an email had come yesterday, I'm assuming they were trying to figure out how to best handle the situation/ get in contact with the students who accessed the site. 2 days seems reasonable to get out a response.

I get the outrage and upset about personal details potentially being leaked to other students, but in my opinion, Windsor has handled this situation promptly and to the best of their abilities.

Edited by Meiteen7
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, WindsorHopeful said:

I received this as well. Happy to hear I'm not the only one, and hoping this doesn't affect admissions in a substantial way. I just want an answer asap haha

Affect it in a way that they accelerate their decisions :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Meiteen7 said:

Before everyone pulls out the pitchforks. I understand the upset, trust me I'm not happy that my info was possibly released, but 2 points:

1- Windsor took full ownership, they didn't cover it up. They made sure to email us, and did offer to discuss with students who had any questions about the matter.

2- This occurred on the 16th according to the email. I mean granted it would have been nice if an email had come yesterday, however, I'm assuming they were trying to figure out how to best handle the situation/ get in contact with the students who accessed the site. 2 days seems appropriate to get out an apology.

I get the outrage and upset about personal details potentially being leaked to other students, but in my opinion, Windsor has handled this situation promptly and to the best of their abilities.

The e-mail does not say it happened on the 16th. It says the Dean was made aware on the 16th. For all we know, this could've been a month ago. I doubt it was, I'm just saying we don't know the exact day it was leaked. Some here have suggested it was the 9th. 

• Like 1

A very small part of me is a little happy about this because up until now I hadn’t received any confirmation that my application had been received (despite the 2 emails I sent inquiring) :huh:

The e-mail does not say it happened on the 16th. It says the Dean was made aware on the 16th. For all we know, this could've been a month ago. I doubt it was, I'm just saying we don't know the exact day it was leaked. Some here have suggested it was the 9th. 

My friend who goes to Windsor received an email saying a breach of applicant data took place on the 9th. Doubtful that's referring to a different breach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegalArmada said:

Apologies I misread that. 

Edited by Meiteen7

27 minutes ago, SlickRick said:
42 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

I'm impressed that they sent out this email instead of covering it up. Props to the administration for that.

I was thinking the same thing before, but according to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act they're obligated to disclose that our privacy was breached :wacko:

i say whoever's included in this should automatically be accepted haha:D...if only...

Edited by Lawsandpaws

2 minutes ago, Parvati said:

My friend who goes to Windsor received an email saying a breach of applicant data took place on the 9th. Doubtful that's referring to a different breach.

Agreed. I'm just saying we don't know 100%. I doubt anyone will reply until tomorrow or Monday. 

• Like 2

Agreed. I'm just saying we don't know 100%. I doubt anyone will reply until tomorrow or Monday. 

Exactly.