Sign in to follow this  
SlickRick

Thoughts on when Ontario schools update their information

Apologies if this has previously been answered or is well known information, but is there a general consensus as to when Ontario law schools update their information? Essentially what I'm asking is, is it possible your status could change at say, 3:00pm, making it worth checking each portal multiple times throughout the day, or if nothing has been updated by say, 10:00am, it isn't worth checking anymore because your status won't change?  

Obviously keep in mind these are just random times I'm throwing out for the sake of simplicity. 

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

Apologies if this has previously been answered or is well known information, but is there a general consensus as to when Ontario law schools update their information? Essentially what I'm asking is, is it possible your status could change at say, 3:00pm, making it worth checking each portal multiple times throughout the day, or if nothing has been updated by say, 10:00am, it isn't worth checking anymore because your status won't change?  

Obviously keep in mind these are just random times I'm throwing out for the sake of simplicity. 

Cheers!

Differs by school. Osgoode apparently updates in the morning (and I got my email super early). Western was like midday and so was Queen's. Windsor was early morning. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

Differs by school. Osgoode apparently updates in the morning (and I got my email super early). Western was like midday and so was Queen's. Windsor was early morning. 

Thank you!

From accepted threads, Windsor and Ottawa are kind of all over the place. Can confirm queens is mid-day mass email with SOLUS updating randomly for people (ie my solus didn’t update prior to the email, but others did). Lakehead does phone calls as they roll out. 

Edit: apparently your uozone will update long before you get an email, judging by what has been said in the accepted thread, hope this helps and best of luck :)

Edited by bhaywardio
Additional info

I would surmise that not a single person can confirm when schools examine your files, when schools accept applicants, and when the applicants are informed. People on the admission committee don't sit around from 9-5 and assess applicants until 3 o'clock and then execute the obligatory calls for that day. The individuals on these acceptance committees are people like professors who are also conducting research and teaching courses, which do not align with a consistent daily schedule. There is generally no timeframe in which someone can determine when applicants will be notified, its basically just all speculation.

On 1/20/2018 at 12:08 PM, retakelsat said:

I just check when someone posts that they were accepted in one of the threads.

Haha good call!

On 1/20/2018 at 9:23 PM, bhaywardio said:

From accepted threads, Windsor and Ottawa are kind of all over the place. Can confirm queens is mid-day mass email with SOLUS updating randomly for people (ie my solus didn’t update prior to the email, but others did). Lakehead does phone calls as they roll out. 

Edit: apparently your uozone will update long before you get an email, judging by what has been said in the accepted thread, hope this helps and best of luck

Thank you for the help and kind words!

3 hours ago, FingersCr0ssed said:

I would surmise that not a single person can confirm when schools examine your files, when schools accept applicants, and when the applicants are informed. People on the admission committee don't sit around from 9-5 and assess applicants until 3 o'clock and then execute the obligatory calls for that day. The individuals on these acceptance committees are people like professors who are also conducting research and teaching courses, which do not align with a consistent daily schedule. There is generally no timeframe in which someone can determine when applicants will be notified, its basically just all speculation.

I didn't know that, thanks for the insight!

• Like 1