Sign in to follow this  
PhilosophyofLaw

Accepted Student Attempting to Solicit Paper Writing Services

After joining the Class of 2021 Facebook page, another member of the group who (presumably) has been accepted to Osgoode Hall for the 2018-2019 academic year, sent me a message attempting to solicit paper writing services. The message reads as follows:

"I am reaching out to see if you need someone who can help you write your academic essays. I am so-and-so, an experienced academic/custom essay writer. I have written hundreds of papers for many students and consequently helped them meet their academic goals. I would like to know if you would be interested in the service I offer. I can help with term papers, mid term essays, projects, dissertations (my emphasis!!!!), and a host of other academic papers that you might need customized to your specification. I would be glad to discuss my experience and how I can be of help, if you are interested."

Now,  I'll likely just chalk this up to an incredibly poor business plan (I mean, if you are advertising that you can write dissertations, that speaks for itself), considering the academic standard prospective law school students -including myself- hold themselves to. My intent is not to expose this individual or to invite criticism of their behaviour, though it may be warranted. My intent, rather, is to see if anyone else has received this message, or if this is just some kind of twisted test by the folks at Osgoode to assess my moral convictions. 

I agree with Luckycharm, I would forward it to the dean. Alternatively, you can reach out to either of the two admins for that group — they're both student government members and in close contact with the faculty. 

@Nabbo , you may want to consider editing your post in case it violates any forum rules against doxxing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

I agree with Luckycharm, I would forward it to the dean. Alternatively, you can reach out to either of the two admins for that group — they're both student government members and in close contact with the faculty. 

@Nabbo , you may want to consider editing your post in case it violates any forum rules against doxxing. 

Yeah I figured it may not be the best idea, but considering what this guy is doing (in a law school group nonetheless), I felt he deserved to be put on blast

Edited by Nabbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Forward it to the Dean Lorne Sossin

[email protected]

^ This.

Please notify the school.

I assume this person who added themselves is not actually an admit and is just looking to spam, but if he or she is, I think this kind of behaviour should absolutely be addressed.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ryn said:

^ This.

Please notify the school.

I assume this person who added themselves is not actually an admit and is just looking to spam, but if he or she is, I think this kind of behaviour should absolutely be addressed.

Should we include the name of the person who sent this message in a notification to the school?

Sent away a message to the office. I'm sure others sending a message would be useful as well, I just elected to send one because of the bystander effect. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Thank you to those contacted Osgoode Admin about the spam messages you have received. We are working to change the group settings to make sure you don't receive anything else like that. Our sincere apologies! If you receive anything else inappropriate, please let us know as soon as possible! Thank you!

Cheers,
Renee
(Legal and Lit, Vice-President Internal)

• Like 3