Sign in to follow this  
jaygee

Clerkship 2018

29 minutes ago, lurkernomore said:

Hello everyone! Have ONCA calls finished? Any word on ONSC as well? 

TMK ONCA calls all go out on the same day.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StandardOfReview said:

I know of at least one person who just got an SCC interview invite. I will say, I am surprised by the fact that it came on a Sunday evening. Happy waiting to everyone. 

From a specific justice, or the panel? (If you can say!)

7 hours ago, twinsfindme said:

From a specific justice, or the panel? (If you can say!)

Two justices. But it is clear the email would have contained the invite from the committee if one were to be extended. 

2 hours ago, StandardOfReview said:

Two justices. But it is clear the email would have contained the invite from the committee if one were to be extended. 

Committee interviews have also been going out since last night.

52 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Committee interviews have also been going out since last night.

Does it seem like people or bots/a mail merge? Aka is it over?

3 hours ago, StandardOfReview said:

Also, who’s using the committee and who’s doing their own interviews?

7 minutes ago, twinsfindme said:

Also, who’s using the committee and who’s doing their own interviews?

The Chief is doing his own interviews early via Skype and all offers seem to have gone for that. Judges not participating in the panel are Abella, Moldaver and Rowe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, twinsfindme said:

Does it seem like people or bots/a mail merge? Aka is it over?

Doesn't seem to be over yet - just got an email now for the committee and two justices.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, waiting123 said:

If we haven't heard yet, can we assume we're out of the running?

Crossing my fingers for you! 

Anyone have any tips for prepping for the committee? 

My best piece of advice is to be in touch with current clerks, particularly ones who are grads of your school. I offer this advice every year and you'd be amazed how many applicants don't take advantage of the assistance current clerks can provide. This is true at all levels of the court, and, at many, clerks are a part of the interview/hiring process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, erinl2 said:

My best piece of advice is to be in touch with current clerks, particularly ones who are grads of your school. I offer this advice every year and you'd be amazed how many applicants don't take advantage of the assistance current clerks can provide. This is true at all levels of the court, and, at many, clerks are a part of the interview/hiring process.

Agreed - this is invaluable.

Anyone know if SCC sends rejection emails? 

Also if anyone hears back today, and the interview invitation process is still rolling, please let us know! 

A few judges at the Federal Court were conducting interviews yesterday in Toronto. Heard through the grapevine that at least one FCA justice (no idea who) had extended offers for interviews, but that it was likely other justices would only begin sending out offers after the SCC process wrapped up.

7 hours ago, littlebee83 said:

Anyone know if SCC sends rejection emails? 

Also if anyone hears back today, and the interview invitation process is still rolling, please let us know! 

I was told that they are sending rejection emails this year.

16 hours ago, Ambit said:

Any news on the second round interview for BC courts?

I haven't heard anything yet. I was expecting calls to start today; anyone have any intel?

28 minutes ago, aeim said:

I haven't heard anything yet. I was expecting calls to start today; anyone have any intel?

I've got nothing either way. Haven't heard from anyone else.

On 2018-02-13 at 5:06 PM, Ambit said:

I've got nothing either way. Haven't heard from anyone else.

Received BCCA email this afternoon. Calls to schedule second round start tomorrow. 

• Like 1