L2   3.28

Mature student 

PhD-Post Doc 

5 years work

3 refrence/1 academic/2 non academic

any chance ?

BTW sorry for so many typos. :huh:

result of posting late at night while in bed :D

I think without some really exceptional work experience or references, it'd be tough. Western puts a lot of weight on the L2 and yours is pretty low. And the LSAT is lower than the median as well. The mature category isn't really an "easier" category, it just allows you to use your post-grad experience to counterbalance weaknesses in your application. 

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎13 at 1:51 AM, kiamia said:

I think without some really exceptional work experience or references, it'd be tough. Western puts a lot of weight on the L2 and yours is pretty low. And the LSAT is lower than the median as well. The mature category isn't really an "easier" category, it just allows you to use your post-grad experience to counterbalance weaknesses in your application. 

Would you not consider a PhD/Post-Doc to be exceptional experience? I just got into Osgoode with below median LSAT and GPA and I attribute that to my MSc. I feel like schools look highly on advanced degrees.

3 hours ago, chaboywb said:

Would you not consider a PhD/Post-Doc to be exceptional experience? I just got into Osgoode with below median LSAT and GPA and I attribute that to my MSc. I feel like schools look highly on advanced degrees.

Thanks for reply, Do you mind if I ask your stats?

21 hours ago, chaboywb said:

I think getting a phD itself may or may not be. But if you can draw attention to outstanding work, publications, etc. you accomplished during the pursuit of those advanced degrees, that would certainly count. 

I've seen in previous year's threads people getting in with lower stats than you. You might have to wait until the next round of admissions or to get in off the waitlist, but I think it could be possible. Would you consider taking the Feb LSAT? That could definitely help you increase your chances.

9 minutes ago, aspiringlawyer123 said:

I've seen in previous year's threads people getting in with lower stats than you. You might have to wait until the next round of admissions or to get in off the waitlist, but I think it could be possible. Would you consider taking the Feb LSAT? That could definitely help you increase your chances.

I am taking the Feb LSAT which is in almost 3 weeks from now. The sad part is that my problem is in RC, which needs longer time to be dramatically increased.

just doing preps, no other options !!