Sign in to follow this  
GreysAnatomy

Has anyone done an international exchange in 3rd year?

I understand that grades you get during your exchange are not counted in your GPA. Are there any other downsides to doing an exchange? Thanks!

I did an exchange and I took courses in another Canadian university as well. I got into Osgoode a few days ago. 

You still have to send in your exchange transcript to all your universities, so if you're going to slack (which is understandable and I did too but did end up with As) you should keep that in mind. 

Why would it have any disadvantages? It's the one of the best things that ever happened to me and if you're worried you should just do a little bit of work to get decent grades (I don't know where you go but honestly I can say very likely you'll find non-North American schools a joke. At least that was my experience and the experience of many of my friends).

38 minutes ago, osgoodehopeful said:

I did an exchange and I took courses in another Canadian university as well. I got into Osgoode a few days ago. 

You still have to send in your exchange transcript to all your universities, so if you're going to slack (which is understandable and I did too but did end up with As) you should keep that in mind. 

Why would it have any disadvantages? It's the one of the best things that ever happened to me and if you're worried you should just do a little bit of work to get decent grades (I don't know where you go but honestly I can say very likely you'll find non-North American schools a joke. At least that was my experience and the experience of many of my friends).

I'm quite confident OP is referring to an exchange DURING law school, as he/she is already a student.

I'm really interested in the answer to this. I've always wanted to study abroad for a semester or two but never had the chance during undergrad and don't know how it affects the law school experience.

Edited by chaboywb
  • Like 2

I've never heard anything negative about going on an exchange during law school. 3L would be a good time if you've locked down articles. If you haven't, the tradeoff is pursuing leads on that front because you won't be in the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaboywb said:

I'm quite confident OP is referring to an exchange DURING law school, as he/she is already a student.

I'm really interested in the answer to this. I've always wanted to study abroad for a semester or two but never had the chance during undergrad and don't know how it affects the law school experience.

Thank youchaboywb! I am in law school, currently looking at opportunities.

• Like 1