GreysAnatomy

Has anyone taken Con law II with Mallet?

Do you guys have any advice on how to do well in the course? I've heard the exam is really tough - what's the best way to prepare? Do readings?

7 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Take notes

Thanks Luckycharm but I was actually looking for constructive advice - constructive meaning I can do something with it. Sorry you had to edit your post to make it even more useless than it probably already was.

1) Go to class

2) Take notes, do the readings

3) Study those notes and readings

Trying to be constructive here.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, but less salt than last time ;)

2 hours ago, bfaveri said:

1) Go to class

OK. U GUYS. maybe i will be more specific: for some profs, its better to do practice exams early on and doing all the readings is a waste of time. For other profs, what they say in class is more important because their exams are largely policy questions that require touching on things discussed in class...WHAT WOULD U RECOMMEND FOR THIS CLASS.

15 hours ago, bfaveri said:

1) Go to class

I think your advice is very constructive.

OP said readings

You said take notes and readings 

I said take notes

I thought OP will go to classes and study those notes.

My suggestion is totally useless. 

There must be a better way that I am not aware of.  

Thank God I don't have to take any more exams.

Edited by Luckycharm

Here are my constructive thoughts. It's been a few years, so I don't recall the format of her exams, exactly, but I seem to recall it was pretty fair- heavily caselaw driven, some broad questions and some more narrow ones. Mallet's con law classes have a reputation for being "tough". I actually found her exams quite fair, although you do need to be strict with time or you will not finish. Therefore, have an awesome summary (or find an awesome summary). You can do the readings, sure, that's the best way to learn. If you don't have time, find some solid case briefs (online, even). If you don't have time for that, at least read the Wikipedia article about the case. What I'm saying is prep something. Mallet likes to call on people and you want to make sure you have something to add to the conversation unless you enjoy be ridiculed and turning the colour of a tomato. Follow along with her slides- they are quite detailed and she does break things down into bite size pieces. She will, however, assume some base of knowledge, so if you're trying to learn off the lectures/slides alone, it will be difficult to follow. I hope this helps. 

55 minutes ago, Ophelia said:

Here are my constructive thoughts. It's been a few years, so I don't recall the format of her exams, exactly, but I seem to recall it was pretty fair- heavily caselaw driven, some broad questions and some more narrow ones. Mallet's con law classes have a reputation for being "tough". I actually found her exams quite fair, although you do need to be strict with time or you will not finish. Therefore, have an awesome summary (or find an awesome summary). You can do the readings, sure, that's the best way to learn. If you don't have time, find some solid case briefs (online, even). If you don't have time for that, at least read the Wikipedia article about the case. What I'm saying is prep something. Mallet likes to call on people and you want to make sure you have something to add to the conversation unless you enjoy be ridiculed and turning the colour of a tomato. Follow along with her slides- they are quite detailed and she does break things down into bite size pieces. She will, however, assume some base of knowledge, so if you're trying to learn off the lectures/slides alone, it will be difficult to follow. I hope this helps. 

Thank you Ophelia! This is the exact advice I was looking for!

5 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

I think your advice is very constructive.

OP said readings

You said take notes and readings 

I said take notes

I thought OP will go to classes and study those notes.

My suggestion is totally useless. 

There must be a better way that I am not aware of.  

Thank God I don't have to take any more exams.

i'm sorry you had to edit your response AGAIN.