Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nabbo

Accepted to Queen's 2018

Recommended Posts

On 4/19/2018 at 10:08 PM, lawyertypewannabe said:

congrats!! when did you write your lsat? general category?

I wrote the December 2017 LSAT, and I applied through the general category :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turtlebear1 said:

just got the email five minutes ago! 

LSAT: 165 

GPA: 3.41 

okay ECs and work experience

Congratulations! Did you apply general or access?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-16 at 7:19 PM, Malina2306 said:

Accepted today. 

LSAT 158, 159, 157; cGPA: 3.37 

Congrats! Which category did you apply in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JDHopeful2018 said:

Congratulations! Did you apply general or access?

I applied general! Feeling very relieved haha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted today! 

CGPA: 3.6 

LSAT: 159 

not sure whether to accept Queens or Ottawa now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

accepted today! just got the email! 

 

CGPA 3.56

L2/B2 4.0

163

Master's degree 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

accepted today! just got the email! 

 

CGPA 3.56

L2/B2 4.0

163

Master's degree 

It's astonishing that you weren't in way earlier! Congrats.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got in today. GPA 3.43 and LSAT 159. 2 years of full time work experience not law related. I am a bit surprised to have gotten in. I now have to decide between Queens and Windsor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ARC said:

I just got in today. GPA 3.43 and LSAT 159. 2 years of full time work experience not law related. I am a bit surprised to have gotten in. I now have to decide between Queens and Windsor.

Queens. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ARC said:

I just got in today. GPA 3.43 and LSAT 159. 2 years of full time work experience not law related. I am a bit surprised to have gotten in. I now have to decide between Queens and Windsor.

Queen’s 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prospero said:

Queens. 

 

4 hours ago, Constant said:

Queen’s 

Thanks guys! To be honest, I like Queen's but I am a bit worried I won't really fit in there. For example, I don't drink at all. I'm just feeling like there might not be a lot of people like me at the school - and it might be harder for me to make connections with people at Queen's then at a school like Windsor. Any advice welcome. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ARC said:

 

Thanks guys! To be honest, I like Queen's but I am a bit worried I won't really fit in there. For example, I don't drink at all. I'm just feeling like there might not be a lot of people like me at the school - and it might be harder for me to make connections with people at Queen's then at a school like Windsor. Any advice welcome. 

I'm going into 3L at Queen's. I would say that the drinking/partying culture associated with Queen's is primarily reflective of the undergraduate student body rather than grad programs, law school, etc. Although there are definitely social events in law that have a big drinking component - e.g. weekly "Smokers" at a bar in downtown Kingston where tons of law students go to meet up, socialize, etc., there are also a lot of other types of events unrelated to drinking. E.g. Lawlapalooza, Cabaret, etc. are big law events each year that involve stage performances, dances, and so on where drinking isn't involved at all. While there's definitely a Bro clique in the law school that's all about shotgunning brews on the weekends, I feel like that's probably true of all schools. I know tons of other law students who either don't drink at all or do so very little, and they have their own groups of like-minded friends. At the end of the day, everyone in law school is relatively mature and won't have any issue with you choosing not to drink. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grey said:

While there's definitely a Bro clique in the law school that's all about shotgunning brews on the weekends, I feel like that's probably true of all schools. I know tons of other law students who either don't drink at all or do so very little, and they have their own groups of like-minded friends. At the end of the day, everyone in law school is relatively mature and won't have any issue with you choosing not to drink. 

Agreed...true of every law school with which I have some familiarity. No reason to expect more difficulty fitting in at Queen’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ARC said:

 

Thanks guys! To be honest, I like Queen's but I am a bit worried I won't really fit in there. For example, I don't drink at all. I'm just feeling like there might not be a lot of people like me at the school - and it might be harder for me to make connections with people at Queen's then at a school like Windsor. Any advice welcome. 

I can understand wanting to be surrounded by similar individuals, but why not treat law school as an experience with new people? As others have pointed out, while the party culture is present it isn't nearly as strong as the reputation makes it out to be. Especially since that reputation is attributed to the undergrads, as aforementioned. Queen's would be an opportunity to meet people you normally wouldn't associate with, and it is my worthless opinion that Queen's is more likely to get you where you want to be than Windsor is. Full disclosure, I do not like Windsor from my own interactions with them. I have had the opportunity to speak with people who have gone there, both the JD and Dual JD programs, and they have warned me against it. Mind you, these are not empirical facts, just the experiences of a few people on the internet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grey said:

I'm going into 3L at Queen's. I would say that the drinking/partying culture associated with Queen's is primarily reflective of the undergraduate student body rather than grad programs, law school, etc. Although there are definitely social events in law that have a big drinking component - e.g. weekly "Smokers" at a bar in downtown Kingston where tons of law students go to meet up, socialize, etc., there are also a lot of other types of events unrelated to drinking. E.g. Lawlapalooza, Cabaret, etc. are big law events each year that involve stage performances, dances, and so on where drinking isn't involved at all. While there's definitely a Bro clique in the law school that's all about shotgunning brews on the weekends, I feel like that's probably true of all schools. I know tons of other law students who either don't drink at all or do so very little, and they have their own groups of like-minded friends. At the end of the day, everyone in law school is relatively mature and won't have any issue with you choosing not to drink. 

 

4 minutes ago, bhaywardio said:

I can understand wanting to be surrounded by similar individuals, but why not treat law school as an experience with new people? As others have pointed out, while the party culture is present it isn't nearly as strong as the reputation makes it out to be. Especially since that reputation is attributed to the undergrads, as aforementioned. Queen's would be an opportunity to meet people you normally wouldn't associate with, and it is my worthless opinion that Queen's is more likely to get you where you want to be than Windsor is. Full disclosure, I do not like Windsor from my own interactions with them. I have had the opportunity to speak with people who have gone there, both the JD and Dual JD programs, and they have warned me against it. Mind you, these are not empirical facts, just the experiences of a few people on the internet. 

Thanks for your feedback everyone, it is greatly appreciated! I think I am leaning towards accepting the Queen's offer now. Hope to see you all there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARC said:

 

Thanks for your feedback everyone, it is greatly appreciated! I think I am leaning towards accepting the Queen's offer now. Hope to see you all there. 

I know you have pretty much made your decision and leaning towards Queens but another consideration should be which city you would feel comfortable living in for the next few years. I wrote my LSAT in Windsor, and no disrespect to any Windsor students or residents, but I simply could not see myself living there. Check out both campuses and get a feel for the city and see where you would feel most comfortable spending three years of your life. 

Edited by GoLeafsGo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont wanna be “that guy” but let’s please keep this specific thread focused on accepted queens 2018  posts and not go too far into comparing different law schools

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man the waiting is getting to be so unbearable. Obsessively checking solid, email, and olsas twice a day. :(

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2018 at 9:57 PM, yeezy said:

Man the waiting is getting to be so unbearable. Obsessively checking solid, email, and olsas twice a day. :(

You and me both lmfao.

I'm really worried at this point, my other choice school just waitlisted me lmao. 

Going to be a long, long summer or few weeks or whatever. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Hey all. So I did some dumb shit when I was younger and was wondering if any of this could bite me in the ass for the bar or law school in general.   When I was a minor I was with a few friends and we jumped over a fence into a closed outdoor public pool. Didn’t damage anything we just hung around and I guess a neighbour saw us and called cause a cop came. We all got tickets for being in the public park after a certain hour but nothing serious like trespassing.     Another time when I was a minor, my friend egged someone’s house and I was driving. The owner of the house apparently recognized our car and told the cops who they thought did it (me and my friend). I was never questioned by the cops or even a call but when I later apologized to the person who got egged (cause I felt bad later, stopped talking to the friend who did it) they said they told the cops our name. I assume since nothing ever came from that, there wasn’t even a formal charge because it wasn’t prove able so the cops just wrote our names down then gave up.   I also got suspended for a day once in high school (grade 11)  because some dude was trying to kick a bathroom stall door down (he eventually did) and I pulled out my phone to record it as it was happening and apparently that meant I was apart of the vandalism.   I’ve only ever had 1 encounter with the law after the age of 18 and it was when I got a single traffic ticket for speeding/rolling a stop. After this point I stopped doing stupid shit and from then on, things are clear. Is any of this serious enough to screw me over in the future? Nobody needs to tell me how dumb a lot of this shit was, I know already lmao.
    • I am a business lawyer at a mid-sized firm that includes eight personal injury / ICBC defense lawyers. I understand these lawyers expect the pre-no-fault files to keep them busy for approximately the next five years. Four of the lawyers are senior calls who I expect will retire within the next five years or when the work dries up. The other four lawyers already have somewhat varied practices, and I understand they intend to put greater emphasis on other practice areas over time, including family, construction, estate litigation and commercial litigation. One of the lawyers recently added an immigration law practice to his service offering.
    • Just curious to know what my chances are   Thanks in advance! 
    • I'm a 2L at Western and I was accepted with similar, but slightly higher stats (158/3.7cGPA/3.72B2/L2).  I am relatively confident, given my LSAT, that my stats only carried so far and it was my 4th year non-academic experiences that ultimately got me in (I worked full time with a full course load, and did some light volunteering on the side). I would follow the advice of hmyo and rewrite the LSAT.    Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about this in more depth. 
    • I am seeking advice about writing firms for 2021 2L positions in BC/Alberta. Is it appropriate to include cv in cold email? Is it better to just reach out first? If there is a thread about this please share. Thank you! 

×
×
  • Create New...