Sign in to follow this  
Nabbo

Accepted to Queen's 2018

On 4/19/2018 at 10:08 PM, lawyertypewannabe said:

congrats!! when did you write your lsat? general category?

I wrote the December 2017 LSAT, and I applied through the general category :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, turtlebear1 said:

just got the email five minutes ago! 

LSAT: 165 

GPA: 3.41 

okay ECs and work experience

Congratulations! Did you apply general or access?

On 2018-04-16 at 7:19 PM, Malina2306 said:

Accepted today. 

LSAT 158, 159, 157; cGPA: 3.37 

Congrats! Which category did you apply in?

2 hours ago, JDHopeful2018 said:

Congratulations! Did you apply general or access?

I applied general! Feeling very relieved haha 

• Like 1

Accepted today! 

CGPA: 3.6 

LSAT: 159 

not sure whether to accept Queens or Ottawa now!

• Like 1

accepted today! just got the email! 

CGPA 3.56

L2/B2 4.0

Master's degree 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

accepted today! just got the email! 

CGPA 3.56

L2/B2 4.0

Master's degree 

It's astonishing that you weren't in way earlier! Congrats.

• Like 2

I just got in today. GPA 3.43 and LSAT 159. 2 years of full time work experience not law related. I am a bit surprised to have gotten in. I now have to decide between Queens and Windsor.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ARC said:

I just got in today. GPA 3.43 and LSAT 159. 2 years of full time work experience not law related. I am a bit surprised to have gotten in. I now have to decide between Queens and Windsor.

Queens. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ARC said:

Queen’s 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prospero said:

Queens. 

4 hours ago, Constant said:

Queen’s 

Thanks guys! To be honest, I like Queen's but I am a bit worried I won't really fit in there. For example, I don't drink at all. I'm just feeling like there might not be a lot of people like me at the school - and it might be harder for me to make connections with people at Queen's then at a school like Windsor. Any advice welcome. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ARC said:

Thanks guys! To be honest, I like Queen's but I am a bit worried I won't really fit in there. For example, I don't drink at all. I'm just feeling like there might not be a lot of people like me at the school - and it might be harder for me to make connections with people at Queen's then at a school like Windsor. Any advice welcome. 

I'm going into 3L at Queen's. I would say that the drinking/partying culture associated with Queen's is primarily reflective of the undergraduate student body rather than grad programs, law school, etc. Although there are definitely social events in law that have a big drinking component - e.g. weekly "Smokers" at a bar in downtown Kingston where tons of law students go to meet up, socialize, etc., there are also a lot of other types of events unrelated to drinking. E.g. Lawlapalooza, Cabaret, etc. are big law events each year that involve stage performances, dances, and so on where drinking isn't involved at all. While there's definitely a Bro clique in the law school that's all about shotgunning brews on the weekends, I feel like that's probably true of all schools. I know tons of other law students who either don't drink at all or do so very little, and they have their own groups of like-minded friends. At the end of the day, everyone in law school is relatively mature and won't have any issue with you choosing not to drink. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grey said:

While there's definitely a Bro clique in the law school that's all about shotgunning brews on the weekends, I feel like that's probably true of all schools. I know tons of other law students who either don't drink at all or do so very little, and they have their own groups of like-minded friends. At the end of the day, everyone in law school is relatively mature and won't have any issue with you choosing not to drink. 

Agreed...true of every law school with which I have some familiarity. No reason to expect more difficulty fitting in at Queen’s. 

2 hours ago, ARC said:

I can understand wanting to be surrounded by similar individuals, but why not treat law school as an experience with new people? As others have pointed out, while the party culture is present it isn't nearly as strong as the reputation makes it out to be. Especially since that reputation is attributed to the undergrads, as aforementioned. Queen's would be an opportunity to meet people you normally wouldn't associate with, and it is my worthless opinion that Queen's is more likely to get you where you want to be than Windsor is. Full disclosure, I do not like Windsor from my own interactions with them. I have had the opportunity to speak with people who have gone there, both the JD and Dual JD programs, and they have warned me against it. Mind you, these are not empirical facts, just the experiences of a few people on the internet. 

1 hour ago, Grey said:

I'm going into 3L at Queen's. I would say that the drinking/partying culture associated with Queen's is primarily reflective of the undergraduate student body rather than grad programs, law school, etc. Although there are definitely social events in law that have a big drinking component - e.g. weekly "Smokers" at a bar in downtown Kingston where tons of law students go to meet up, socialize, etc., there are also a lot of other types of events unrelated to drinking. E.g. Lawlapalooza, Cabaret, etc. are big law events each year that involve stage performances, dances, and so on where drinking isn't involved at all. While there's definitely a Bro clique in the law school that's all about shotgunning brews on the weekends, I feel like that's probably true of all schools. I know tons of other law students who either don't drink at all or do so very little, and they have their own groups of like-minded friends. At the end of the day, everyone in law school is relatively mature and won't have any issue with you choosing not to drink. 

4 minutes ago, bhaywardio said:

I can understand wanting to be surrounded by similar individuals, but why not treat law school as an experience with new people? As others have pointed out, while the party culture is present it isn't nearly as strong as the reputation makes it out to be. Especially since that reputation is attributed to the undergrads, as aforementioned. Queen's would be an opportunity to meet people you normally wouldn't associate with, and it is my worthless opinion that Queen's is more likely to get you where you want to be than Windsor is. Full disclosure, I do not like Windsor from my own interactions with them. I have had the opportunity to speak with people who have gone there, both the JD and Dual JD programs, and they have warned me against it. Mind you, these are not empirical facts, just the experiences of a few people on the internet. 

Thanks for your feedback everyone, it is greatly appreciated! I think I am leaning towards accepting the Queen's offer now. Hope to see you all there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARC said:

Thanks for your feedback everyone, it is greatly appreciated! I think I am leaning towards accepting the Queen's offer now. Hope to see you all there. 

I know you have pretty much made your decision and leaning towards Queens but another consideration should be which city you would feel comfortable living in for the next few years. I wrote my LSAT in Windsor, and no disrespect to any Windsor students or residents, but I simply could not see myself living there. Check out both campuses and get a feel for the city and see where you would feel most comfortable spending three years of your life. 

Edited by GoLeafsGo
  • Thanks 1

I dont wanna be “that guy” but let’s please keep this specific thread focused on accepted queens 2018  posts and not go too far into comparing different law schools

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Man the waiting is getting to be so unbearable. Obsessively checking solid, email, and olsas twice a day. :(

• Like 7

On 10/05/2018 at 9:57 PM, yeezy said:

Man the waiting is getting to be so unbearable. Obsessively checking solid, email, and olsas twice a day. :(

You and me both lmfao.

I'm really worried at this point, my other choice school just waitlisted me lmao. 

Going to be a long, long summer or few weeks or whatever. 

• Like 2