Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I am considering a career change from tech to law, and have a background in software development & technology sales. My interest in pursuing law would fall squarely within the realm of privacy, data governance, and emerging technology (specifically explainable AI). In looking around I see there are a few schools that have named institutes or a general focus on law and tech (Dal, UofO, York, UofT, Ryerson), but I am interested in how much of those cirricula relate to IP/patent law vs. privacy and data governance. I assume that IP law and data governance might have significant overlap or will in the near future. I am not really interested in patent law or software licenses. Can anyone who is familiar with these streams comment on your experience and what the focus tends to be at your institution? Do I have an unrealistic expectation of what law school is by thinking I can focus on this narrow intersection of law and tech? I am in the process of reaching out to admissions but I would also like to hear first-hand experiences. Thanks for your time!
    • I sent mine through TD and it has definitely left my account.  I just don't know who to contact at the university because the finance email said they would get back to me in 3 business days, and common law said they have no way of letting me know if it has been received.  
    • Cancelled my offer recently so a spot should open up!
    • Yoni from Harvard Ready. I'm taking the course online (because of covid-19) and it's worth every penny but he also does tutoring online. You won't regret it!
    • Thank you so much for the reassurance. In that case I will probably prioritize maximizing my LSAT scores this summer while continuing to work part-time with the reserves (which I genuinely enjoy) instead of trying to disingenuously pad my CV at the last minute.