Sign in to follow this  
scoobysnacks

Chances? GPA 3.61/4.0 LSAT 165

General applicant, decent extracurriculars, science undergrad, MSc (4.0/4.0), strong LORs
Also applied to Ottawa, Osgoode, Western, and UofT
Not sure which GPA is most useful: B3/L3 3.75, B2 3.83, L2, 3.77

In. I was accepted on the first day with a 3.61 and a 163. 

I'm little surprised your not in already tbh especially considering the msc above median lsats etc I def think  you'l be seeing an acceptance real soon😁

On 3/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, Nabbo said:

In. I was accepted on the first day with a 3.61 and a 163. 

Is that your L2? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Mine took a day or two to update but if it has already been a few days since it has been received you can just reach out to OLSAS to ask- they are usually really quick at responding! Email: [email protected]
    • Hi everyone! I was hoping someone could shed some light on what it's like to live in and around the UCalgary campus compared to UAlberta. I have lived basically across the street from the UAlberta campus for five years in the same place (so the UAlberta campus has pretty much been my world for five years). I really enjoy living here, but I'd also love to start over in a new city. I'm originally from northern Alberta, so I've never even been to Calgary before. Can anyone speak to the availability/quality of apartment buildings walking-distance from campus (or is it more houses for rent in this area)? Do those of you who live walking-distance from campus enjoy the area, is there decent grocery/restaurant/recreation opportunities without having to access public transit for daily errands? Basically, is the campus area a nice place to settle for a few years for someone who doesn't own a car and wants to be able to walk to most day-to-day tasks? Lastly, is the general cultural event scene comparable to Edmonton (ie FolkFest, Fringe, lots of summer festivals, etc.)? I apologize if this post sounds naive, I just have zero knowledge of this city! Thank you so much!
    • I've been thinking about this. After 1L, what should we be doing with out summers if we don't secure law-related work? Volunteering with law clinics? Throughout my undergrad I spent my summers working full-time to save up for the upcoming school year. 
    • I really want to emphasize the bold above. And highlight that incessant pivoting won't just deny you bonus points: it can be a tremendous negative. Many lawyers and law students -- even in practice where a job isn't on the line strangely -- have made pivoting to their work experience and accolades a default. It is annoying. It can alienate colleagues. Please not do this. Stop doing this if you've already started, it's not too late. Importantly, it demonstrates a failure to listen and respond efficiently and appropriately, which is kind of a crucial legal skill. While I'm not yet in my career responsible for final hiring decisions, I've been consulted plenty about candidates I chatted with on the phone, met for coffee, or did a preliminary interview/Q&A with as part of a larger hiring process. My reputation is important and I don't recommend people with whom I wouldn't enjoy working myself. I also won't recommend someone incapable of basic listening and responding abilities. I'm not alone on either front. If it happens in a low-pressure environment, I'd be concerned about it happening when it matters. Just talk about kayaking and why you like it.