Sign in to follow this  
stmn0066

Should I retake the LSATs?

I have an 85% percent which converts to a 3.8-3.9 gpa depending on the school. 

I took the LSAT in September and got a 153. Which I was actually quite proud of because I barely studied. 

So, I studied harder, studied more and tried different strategies. I felt incredibly better after taking the December LSAT, but to my dismay I found out today I got a 153 again. 

I was practicing at a 160 before test day and felt as though I would walk away with a better score than in September. So, I just am not sure if it is worth taking in February again. 

I applied to every school in Ontario. 

Thanks in advance for your opinions (be as brutal as you must). 

Yes, you should rewrite. Study harder and take classes if you need.

Edited by Starling

As stands, it's certainly not impossible that you might get in somewhere in Ontario. Lakehead, Windsor, maybe Ottawa, etc. Though people tend to be harsh about any LSAT in the 150s around here, people do get in with those scores, when coupled with strong GPAs such as yours. But you'll dramatically increase your chances with a stronger LSAT, as well as likely giving yourself more options. So for what it costs to rewrite, I can't see any reason you wouldn't, other than being sick of it. Which obviously isn't a good reason not to.

Good luck.

Im sure you worked very hard to maintain a good gpa.. I think it’d be a waste of that gpa if you settled with a 153. Don’t rush to take the next soonest lsat, take your time and study/work well on it. Really familiarize yourself with the different question types and whatnot. Try breaking down your mistakes for each question and you may see patterns of errors that you’re committing. Some more work for a higher lsat could land you into schools that you may currently have a very slim chance at.

You need to convert your average into a GPA by course first, you can't just translate your cumulative average. GPA penalizes inconsistency very heavily, hence why my mid 80s average levels out to a 3.6 after a rough couple of courses.

And yes, I would say rewrite. If anything, take a break and make another pass next admission cycle if needed. Your GPA should be fine, even when properly calculated, it's just the LSAT remaining.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 2:37 PM, stmn0066 said:

I have an 85% percent which converts to a 3.8-3.9 gpa depending on the school. 

I took the LSAT in September and got a 153. Which I was actually quite proud of because I barely studied. 

So, I studied harder, studied more and tried different strategies. I felt incredibly better after taking the December LSAT, but to my dismay I found out today I got a 153 again. 

I was practicing at a 160 before test day and felt as though I would walk away with a better score than in September. So, I just am not sure if it is worth taking in February again. 

I applied to every school in Ontario. 

Thanks in advance for your opinions (be as brutal as you must). 

Rewrite...as others have said don't waste that excellent GPA. 

Rewrite for sure. I went from 155 to 161 to 170 in the span of a few months. Do your best and you can get an amazing LSAT score.