Sign in to follow this  
LeoandCharlie

Accepted to Ottawa 2018

Has anyone else received any offers from U of O?  I'm applying as a mature student, and wondering if they submit offers to ordinary applicants first, and access categories at a later date.  

Okay, might as well join in here, since right now I have nothing better to do. Super nervous right now about my application, I found my Master's program was not for me and so with my Honours BA under my belt, left to find some full time work for now and apply to law school; Ottawa is first choice. GPA has finally been received from my undergrad -first few years was 2.9, last two years was 3.75. LSAT, written in December was not as high as I had expected, only a 155 -it is the first time I wrote it and had compressed my studies for it. Extensive volunteer and extra-curricular experience in a variety of areas including athletics, theatre, politics, and work. I've also been accepted in the Reserves, just waiting to hear from my preferred trade. I believe my essays were good, and my letters of reference. Now just waiting to hear back and I hope it is in the affirmative and I hope it's soon. If not, well I have a plan for that too if necessary. But this has me very stressed

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rower4Life said:

Okay, might as well join in here, since right now I have nothing better to do. Super nervous right now about my application, I found my Master's program was not for me and so with my Honours BA under my belt, left to find some full time work for now and apply to law school; Ottawa is first choice. GPA has finally been received from my undergrad -first few years was 2.9, last two years was 3.75. LSAT, written in December was not as high as I had expected, only a 155 -it is the first time I wrote it and had compressed my studies for it. Extensive volunteer and extra-curricular experience in a variety of areas including athletics, theatre, politics, and work. I've also been accepted in the Reserves, just waiting to hear from my preferred trade. I believe my essays were good, and my letters of reference. Now just waiting to hear back and I hope it is in the affirmative and I hope it's soon. If not, well I have a plan for that too if necessary. But this has me very stressed

Just to clarify... Did you get accepted into the program with a 3.75, 155 as a mature applicant?

12 hours ago, jokesonyou said:

Now just waiting to hear back and I hope it is in the affirmative and I hope it's soon. If not, well I have a plan for that too if necessary. But this has me very stressed

12 hours ago, jokesonyou said:

Just to clarify... Did you get accepted into the program with a 3.75, 155 as a mature applicant?

I don't imagine they have based off of the above quoted statement. As a point of clarification their cGPA is not a 3.75 (I think that was theirL2). 

1 hour ago, LeoandCharlie said:

I don't imagine they have based off of the above quoted statement. As a point of clarification their cGPA is not a 3.75 (I think that was theirL2). 

3.75 would be my B2/L2...because of the transfer my grading was a little more complex. I didn't apply as a mature applicant as I was still in school.

On 04/01/2018 at 1:59 PM, Rower4Life said:

this post is about "accepted to Ottawa"

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 11:55 AM, LeoandCharlie said:

Excited to start this topic off and happy Ottawa has started acceptances. 
Admitted this morning December 18th. 

Stats: 
cGPA: 3.97 
L2/B2: 3.99
LSAT: 159 
ECs: 
Volunteer positions, TA for two years, research assistant for two years, a publication and numerous academic awards. 
Category: 
General

Hey how log did it take to have an answer after having your admission file complete??

Edited by cremebrulee

15 hours ago, cremebrulee said:

Hey how log did it take to have an answer after having your admission file complete??

I can’t recall the exact date but I think it was about three weeks. 

Edited by LeoandCharlie

I haven't seen any acceptance notices since the New Year, and wondered if anyone else can share whether they have received any acceptances as of yet?  

17 minutes ago, Karianna said:

I haven't seen any acceptance notices since the New Year, and wondered if anyone else can share whether they have received any acceptances as of yet?  

Nothing yet for me either, the process is painfully slow. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jackiechiles2 said:

Most people's number one complaint about Ottawa seems to be their administrative issues. I'm starting to understand. Hopefully they send their next round as a big batch and don't keep stretching it out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chaboywb said:

Most people's number one complaint about Ottawa seems to be their administrative issues. I'm starting to understand. Hopefully they send their next round as a big batch and don't keep stretching it out.

58 minutes ago, Jackiechiles2 said:

It really is quite bizarre. They were the first to "complete" my file, and even sent me supplementary forms early on in the application cycle (despite writing the dec LSAT). They also considered my application to be "under evaluation" before OLSAS had even received my LSAT score. What is going on over there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhaywardio said:

It really is quite bizarre. They were the first to "complete" my file, and even sent me supplementary forms early on in the application cycle (despite writing the dec LSAT). They also considered my application to be "under evaluation" before OLSAS had even received my LSAT score. What is going on over there?

They appear to be following in the footsteps of the front office of their pathetic hockey team! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaboywb said:

I'm just hoping that it's sooner rather than later because as a Mature student applicant, and mother of a young child, I would need time to organize a major move to Ottawa.  

2 hours ago, Karianna said:

I'm just hoping that it's sooner rather than later because as a Mature student applicant, and mother of a young child, I would need time to organize a major move to Ottawa.  

I have my fingers crossed for you - I can only imagine how stressful it must be to be kept waiting in that situation! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Karianna said:

2 minutes ago, ChloeSilverado3 said:

I have my fingers crossed for you - I can only imagine how stressful it must be to be kept waiting in that situation! 

If it's any consolation, I think the latest you would possibly hear back about an acceptance is March. Unless you get waitlisted, you should know well in advance of where you're going :) As Chloe said, we all got our fingers crossed for you and each other!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhaywardio said:

If it's any consolation, I think the latest you would possibly hear back about an acceptance is March. Unless you get waitlisted, you should know well in advance of where you're going :) As Chloe said, we all got our fingers crossed for you and each other!

The latest could be July and first week of Sept if you are on the wait list.

Please keep this thread for "accepted to Ottawa". 

Edited by Luckycharm

9 minutes ago, LawApplicantGuy said:

Guess I'm breaking the seal for 2018, noticed on uoZone I was admitted today.

Stats
cGPA: 3.67/4.0
L2: 3.95/4.0
LSAT: 161

Extensive EC's, current grad student.

Congrats!!! Did you happen to have written the December LSAT and did you submit your fall transcripts?