Sign in to follow this  
LeoandCharlie

Accepted to Ottawa 2018

27 minutes ago, acceptme2k18 said:

I have virtually identical stats as you.  Would you say you had above average EC's and LOR?

I believe so but I think everyone thinks they do. I have a journalism background with publications and awards.

Edited by jsn

Accepted on the 29th!

3.5 GPA without drops, 158 LSAT, very extensive extra-circulars and great LOR.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

1 hour ago, djkenny said:

Accepted on the 29th!

3.5 GPA without drops, 158 LSAT, very extensive extra-circulars and great LOR.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congratulations! Will you be accepting?

On 2018-04-01 at 10:39 PM, Neurolaw said:

Congratulations! Will you be accepting?

Yes I think so. Still waiting to hear back on Queens and Uvic though

Accepted today via email/uozone! 
cGPA 3.58 without drops, LSAT 159. Lots of extracurriculars and BSc research experience. 

Still deciding. Good luck to all still waiting! 

4 hours ago, K051 said:

Accepted today via email/uozone! 
cGPA 3.58 without drops, LSAT 159. Lots of extracurriculars and BSc research experience. 

Still deciding. Good luck to all still waiting! 

Congrats! Does Ottawa do drops on cGPA’s? 

2 hours ago, janak88hh said:

Congrats! Does Ottawa do drops on cGPA’s? 

Hmm not sure, but I just meant that that's my OUAC cGPA. I feel like they must have also looked at my L2 (which was 3.7/4.0) with 7+ courses per term. 

25 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

No, they do not.

25 minutes ago, Inconspicuous said:

No, they do not.

Do you know if they take L2 if it’s significantly better than CGPA? 

6 minutes ago, JDLeoSands said:

Do you know if they take L2 if it’s significantly better than CGPA? 

Nothing suggests that that'd be the case. That said, I'm sure that having a great L2 will help you. Still, I doubt they would ever entirely disregard your CGPA. 

• Thanks 1

Posting to hopefully inspire some optimism in other low cGPA folk:

Admitted on Friday morning via email as a mature candidate with LSAT 161, cGPA 3.03 (yup), L2 3.33. Master's degree from a pretty prestigious school, varied work experience, and what I think was a very strong PS. Strong LoR's as well.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by melatoninuser
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, melatoninuser said:

Admitted on Friday morning via email as a mature candidate with LSAT 161, cGPA 3.03 (yup), L2 3.33. Master's degree from a pretty prestigious school, varied work experience, and what I think was a very strong PS. Strong LoR's as well.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Did you apply general?

12 hours ago, melatoninuser said:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! I will let some of my friends with lower cgpas know to stop worrying. 

Will you be accepting?

15 hours ago, melatoninuser said:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! That means they started to processing the mature applicant.Hope for the offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neurolaw said:

Will you be accepting?

they should worry

8 hours ago, Neurolaw said:

Will you be accepting?

Thanks! :) And undecided--I'm still waiting on a few other schools, and have some interesting job opportunities that might pan out as well. I'd be excited for Ottawa, though!