LeoandCharlie

Accepted to Ottawa 2018

12 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

The worst are the dreams where you get accepted and the ecstasy that ensues, then you wake up -_-

No exaggeration, this has happened to me 2-3 times. I don't know what's worse, the accepted dreams or the rejected.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

The worst are the dreams where you get accepted and the ecstasy that ensues, then you wake up -_-

11 minutes ago, SlickRick said:

No exaggeration, this has happened to me 2-3 times. I don't know what's worse, the accepted dreams or the rejected.

I feel this! So I've been doing the DuoLingo thing for like, 4 months now. So I get the rejection letters except I'm seeing in what I think French looks like. It probably isn't actual  french--- it just resembles French- 

But you get the point. Feels awful- either devastating or disappointing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

I recently had one where I was rejected. So you can imagine how I felt when I woke up :lol:

1 hour ago, DerpaDerp said:

DuoLingo 

Omg haha ... I just downloaded that app last night ... its soo cool LMFAO. Apparently I am not as bad at French as I had thought !! 

3 hours ago, SlickRick said:

Oh good, so I’m not the only one having these dreams (also 2-3 times so far).

9 minutes ago, rebeccius said:

Oh good, so I’m not the only one having these dreams (also 2-3 times so far).

God help our subconscious! 

• Like 2

Accepted on Wednesday to both the  Ottawa Common Law Program (english) & J.D/M.A program.

153 LSAT..... yikes

3.86 GPA

• Like 2

On 3/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, jsn said:

Accepted today! CGPA 3.54, LSAT 153. This is my first acceptance so I'm relieved to hear back.

Hey - congrats! When did you write your LSAT?

On 4/14/2018 at 8:13 AM, Judgefudge1 said:

Accepted on Wednesday to both the  Ottawa Common Law Program (english) & J.D/M.A program.

153 LSAT..... yikes

3.86 GPA

Congratulations! When was your LSAT written?

8 hours ago, lawyertypewannabe said:

Hey - congrats! When did you write your LSAT?

February

Accepted! No email as of yet. cgpa: 3.65 L2: 3.85 LSAT: 158 MA degree - 4.3 (although doubt that matters), research experience + publications, 2 years of work experience in a top tech company, strong ECs, 3 LORs (2 academic, 1 professional).
  •  

• Like 1

Long time lurker but glad that I can finally say I got accepted today :D

Stats are 3.66 cGPA, 3.84 L2 and 156 LSAT (best) with good LORs (I think) and decent/okay ECs.

All the best to everyone, I know the wait sucks but hopefully you all hear back soon!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, TipTopMop said:

Long time lurker but glad that I can finally say I got accepted today :D

Stats are 3.66 cGPA, 3.84 L2 and 156 LSAT (best) with good LORs (I think) and decent/okay ECs.

All the best to everyone, I know the wait sucks but hopefully you all hear back soon!

Congrats! Did you write the LSAT in February?

1 hour ago, leafsfan2431 said:

Congrats! Did you write the LSAT in February?

Yes, I did! Also didn't get the email until this morning for those wondering.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:52 PM, Luckycharm said:

not randomized

The stats is not the only factor they looked at.

I called again yesterday, they told me it was indeed randomized, and to expect an answer between now and the end of June. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, SpaceLawyer said:

I called again yesterday, they told me it was indeed randomized, and to expect an answer between now and the end of June. 

So annoying how they do it like that, hopefully there are spots left once they get to me...

12 minutes ago, leafsfan2431 said:

So annoying how they do it like that, hopefully there are spots left once they get to me...

You can almost guess how many more seats they have, Ottawa U accepts a class around 320 I believe. Just count how many people here have been accepted and subtract how many spots they have left. As much as I want to believe I still have a shot if they don't get to me until late June I'm just assuming it's not good. 

3 minutes ago, SpaceLawyer said:

You can almost guess how many more seats they have, Ottawa U accepts a class around 320 I believe. Just count how many people here have been accepted and subtract how many spots they have left. As much as I want to believe I still have a shot if they don't get to me until late June I'm just assuming it's not good. 

This forum isn't a good indicator of how many seats they actually have left. Lots of people chose to not post, or have no clue/don't care that this forum exists at all. I'd argue that the best guess that can be made from this forum would be to look at the 2017 acceptance thread and count how many acceptances there were, then compare the number to how many are on the 2018 thread. Still, it won't be very helpful.

(I did this for Windsor- it wasn't helpful :unsure:)