Watson75

Accepted to Alberta 2018

@lawhopeful12

@Pawford

Two writes, and I haven't called to confirm! I guess that's probably what I should do! Thanks for the input!!!

13 minutes ago, cdgl said:

@lawhopeful12

@Pawford

Two writes, and I haven't called to confirm! I guess that's probably what I should do! Thanks for the input!!!

The reason I ask is that you seem to meet the auto accept. Index score. Two lsat writes may explain it. What is the average of both scores?

On 4/27/2018 at 10:59 PM, ChloeSilverado3 said:

In! GPA 3.9 , LSAT 155 

Is that your L2 GPA? or CGPA?

Posted (edited)
On 2018-05-02 at 11:44 AM, connormcdavid said:

Received acceptance today,

L2: 3.88

LSAT1: 160

LSAT2: 173

Thats crazy it took that long to get it in with those stats. I had same gpa and 155 lsat and got an offer in January 

Edited by DJ89

On 5/6/2018 at 2:51 AM, DJ89 said:

Thats crazy it took that long to get it in with those stats. I had same gpa and 155 lsat and got an offer in January 

It was frustrating waiting.  Glad I finally heard back.

Received an offer of admission earlier today.

L2: 3.66

LSAT: 157

Will most likely be accepting this offer.

ACCEPTED THIS AFTERNOON!!

L2: 3.74

LSAT: 157

It was an incredibly long wait but I'm super excited to get in! Deadline to accept is May 31. Feels great to be posting this. Good luck to all those still waiting! 

Received an offer of admission today:

L2: 3.5 (confirmed)
LSAT: 160 (averaged)

I have already accepted an offer from UVic, as I did not except to receive an offer from U of A...looks like I have to make a final decision before end of the month! Best of luck to those waiting.

Just got in this morning. I have already committed to TRU but now I'm not so sure what I will do. Leaning towards Alberta now

L2: 3.74

LSAT: 156

4 hours ago, islandgirl3 said:

Received an offer of admission today:

L2: 3.5 (confirmed)
LSAT: 160 (averaged)

I have already accepted an offer from UVic, as I did not except to receive an offer from U of A...looks like I have to make a final decision before end of the month! Best of luck to those waiting.

Go to UVIC, hands down 

Fellas! Fellas! I made it!

L2: 3.76

LSAT: 157 (only write)

they put me on waitlist at first so I gave them a call and they had an oversight on my gpa calculation. Give them a call and be persistent if you feel slighted or if something doesn’t seem right. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dvluong said:

they put me on waitlist at first so I gave them a call and they had an oversight on my gpa calculation. Give them a call and be persistent if you feel slighted or if something doesn’t seem right. 

Interesting.  I have always thought calling was not helpful to an applicant.  You have proven that wrong.  Congrats!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dvluong said:

Did you call to ask why you had been waitlisted? Just curious as to how you opened a dialogue that resulted in them catching this error.

Posted (edited)

The admissions people are very nice and patient. I spoke to the same admin assistant twice, asking the same question because I wasn't sure I was clear about the response the first time, and he was totally cool about it. 

Edited by Psychometronic

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, terra said:

Did you call to ask why you had been waitlisted? Just curious as to how you opened a dialogue that resulted in them catching this error.

Well I had friends get in with scores similar or worse than mine so I gave them a rang when they wait listed me. I asked have they started their hollistics process yet. They told me no they haven’t started yet so I told them what made mine different than my hombres if they are still looking at gpa and lsat scores. He went to my record and told me my gpa was 3.62. I told him unless both Heather and I couldn’t do simple math, that was not my gpa and there had to be a mistake. Dude riddled off a buncha possibilities as to why it was 3.62 including “frivolous courses” taken that didn’t count, so I told him Heather and I followed the guidelines and parameters religiously and there was no mistakes in my course selection and calculations.

Dude said to call back the following Monday after I got a correspondence email. So I tell him can I book an appointment with one of the administrators and see how they calculated this gpa because I know for a fact that shit was wrong. He tells me to call on Monday and brushed me off again.

Next 10 minutes I receive a call back saying he followed up on my situation because he was “bored” and realized they only calculated my grade up to 2016 instead of 2017. So with this new knowledge I was admitted and he was going to send me an email and package in the next following days. 

Not how I imagined I was going to receive my admittance but w/e. I wasn’t going to let an administrative error be the reason I was denied entry; like most people applying, I worked too hard and sacrificed to much to be sidelined by someone else’s error.

Edited by Dvluong
  • Like 1