student3416

Chances? 3.38/3.65/164

I am currently in my 4th year so this is the worst case scenario at the end of this semester, I may be slightly higher (around 3.39/3.68).

Applying to Western, Queens, Windsor, Ottawa, Osgoode, and Dalhousie.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

What is your OLSAS converted cGPA?

currently 3.33 but will be 3.38 minimum after this semester.

42 minutes ago, student3416 said:

currently 3.33 but will be 3.38 minimum after this semester.

I can't speak for Dal but for Ontario schools I think your chances are low. I think for Queen's you have a fairly good shot but that depends are what you B2 is. Similarly for Western if you have a really strong L2 I think you may have a shot there. For Osgoode it is pretty difficult to call but based on my own knowledge I think your chances are low (if you do get in it may be rather late in the cycle). For Ottawa I think your chances are fairly low since they appear to focus on cGPA. 

Please don't take these statements to be definitive claims...they are just my predictions. 

18 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

I can't speak for Dal but for Ontario schools I think your chances are low. I think for Queen's you have a fairly good shot but that depends are what you B2 is. Similarly for Western if you have a really strong L2 I think you may have a shot there. For Osgoode it is pretty difficult to call but based on my own knowledge I think your chances are low (if you do get in it may be rather late in the cycle). For Ottawa I think your chances are fairly low since they appear to focus on cGPA. 

Please don't take these statements to be definitive claims...they are just my predictions. 

3.65 is the lowest my L2 will be (calculated using 3rd year and 1st semester of 4th year) this would also be my B2.

I have no expertise but here's my take: based on what I've seen from others on this site and the predictor that is made by a user -- Ryn maybe, can't quite recall -- I would guess you probably have an above 65% chance at Western. For the rest I think the odds are lower, but definitely not out of the question. Queens you likely have a chance. Ottawa's super hard to predict it seems, but likes cGPA. I'm in 4th year too and have almost identical stats -- 3.36, 165 -- and am applying in this cycle, so have looked into it extensively! haha. From perusing accepted / rejected / waitlisted threads, people with our stats definitely get into the schools you've mentioned, but usually later in the cycle or via waitlist if they do make it. 

31 minutes ago, NiceGuyTriesHard said:

I have no expertise but here's my take: based on what I've seen from others on this site and the predictor that is made by a user -- Ryn maybe, can't quite recall -- I would guess you probably have an above 65% chance at Western. For the rest I think the odds are lower, but definitely not out of the question. Queens you likely have a chance. Ottawa's super hard to predict it seems, but likes cGPA. I'm in 4th year too and have almost identical stats -- 3.36, 165 -- and am applying in this cycle, so have looked into it extensively! haha. From perusing accepted / rejected / waitlisted threads, people with our stats definitely get into the schools you've mentioned, but usually later in the cycle or via waitlist if they do make it. 

Just remember the calculator’s caveat though, it begins to go out the window with weird GPA/LSAT mixes, and the cutoff value becomes important. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Just remember the calculator’s caveat though, it begins to go out the window with weird GPA/LSAT mixes, and the cutoff value becomes important. 

What does this mean for me then?

13 minutes ago, student3416 said:

What does this mean for me then?

(Keep in mind this is solely my interpretation of the given data, and is much less scientific than the model which is already imprecise. All generated with a 3.38/164)

From the estimators, I'd say Western is the only prediction I'd put faith in, with it's Likely, 89-93% chance (again, recall the caveat of weird GPA/LSAT mixes creating funky results). If Ottawa still cares much more about cGPA, it's not looking great. The Queen's estimate is a little too close to the cutoff for it so variances are beginning to balloon,  I'd say more likely than not, but not by a huge margin. I'd also agree with the model's prediction on Oz of not looking great.

Dal and Windsor don't have predictions from the model, and I don't know enough about either to say anything regarding either, so I won't.

Edited by RNGesus
Included inputs for replicability

1 minute ago, RNGesus said:

(Keep in mind this is solely my interpretation of the given data, and is much less scientific than the model which is already imprecise)

From the estimators, I'd say Western is the only prediction I'd put faith in, with it's Likely, 89-93% chance. If Ottawa still cares much more about cGPA, it's not looking great. The Queen's estimate is a little too close to the cutoff for it so variances are beginning to balloon, so I'd say more likely than not, but not by a huge margin. I'd also agree with the model's prediction on Oz of not looking great.

Dal and Windsor don't have predictions from the model, and I don't know enough about either to say anything regarding either, so I won't.

Agreed. But you never really know! The predictor has me at 40-47% for Oz and I got in today! 

8 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

(Keep in mind this is solely my interpretation of the given data, and is much less scientific than the model which is already imprecise. All generated with a 3.38/164)

From the estimators, I'd say Western is the only prediction I'd put faith in, with it's Likely, 89-93% chance (again, recall the caveat of weird GPA/LSAT mixes creating funky results). If Ottawa still cares much more about cGPA, it's not looking great. The Queen's estimate is a little too close to the cutoff for it so variances are beginning to balloon,  I'd say more likely than not, but not by a huge margin. I'd also agree with the model's prediction on Oz of not looking great.

Thanks! I guess it's Lucky that Queen's/Western are the ones I'm really hoping for. Osgoode is my reach school.

32 minutes ago, Nabbo said:

Agreed. But you never really know! The predictor has me at 40-47% for Oz and I got in today! 

Meanwhile I'm sitting on a 73-80% and still waiting here (yeah I know it's been a whopping week, but it's the comparison to everyone else killing me). So yeah, the model is purely an indicator with questionable powers of prediction.

20 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Meanwhile I'm sitting on a 73-80% and still waiting here (yeah I know it's been a whopping week, but it's the comparison to everyone else killing me). So yeah, the model is purely an indicator with questionable powers of prediction.

Yeah the waiting is excruciating. But I saw your stats and you should be getting an offer soon. Good luck!

3.3/3.6/163 for the 2016 cycle. I got into Western, Queens, and Dal. 

Rejected from Oz and Ottawa. 

PM me if you have any questions. Good luck! 

2 hours ago, Radche said:

3.3/3.6/163 for the 2016 cycle. I got into Western, Queens, and Dal. 

Rejected from Oz and Ottawa. 

PM me if you have any questions. Good luck! 

I have almost the exact stats as you. When did you hear back from Westerns and Queens?