Sign in to follow this  
AWL

Accepted to TRU 2018

18 hours ago, applesandoranges said:

Congratulations! Is your GPA L90 or your CGPA?

Hi @applesandoranges,

I had called TRU back in February to confirm they had received all my documents.  I also asked what they calculated my GPA to be and this is the number provided to me.

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 2018-04-23 at 12:59 PM, VancityAnxious said:

Just got the acceptance e-mail as well,

LSAT 155

GPA: 3.0

On 2018-04-23 at 12:56 PM, AirCanada said:

Just got the acceptance email!!

GPA: 4.04
LSAT: 148

I will be accepting!

How were your guys' applications in regards to EC's, LOR's and PS?

16 hours ago, georgelucas said:

How were your guys' applications in regards to EC's, LOR's and PS?

I applied to the special considerations category as I'm over 30 years old.  I've worked in an environment which has an aspect of litigation for the last 5 years. 

Okay EC's.  Average LOR's.  Okay PS.

Keep in mind that I'm using what I've read on this site as a comparison.

• Like 1

Also got the acceptance email on monday,

Mature Student, nearing 40 (yikes), MBA, senior management roles, who knows about the refs but likely good. One from a MBA prof and another from my last company's CEO, whatever weight they have. Applied in special considerations.

My GPA is not great, somewhere between 2 and 3 overall because I had a complicated undergrad - it says 2.09 on OLSAS, but somewhere around 3 for last couple years, I think, if that means anything. LSAT 156 from December.

I wrote what I feel to be a very compelling PS. 

There ya have it.

Edited by dacksworth
messed up olsas gap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dacksworth said:

Mature Student, nearing 40 (yikes), MBA, senior management roles, who knows about the refs but likely good. One from a MBA prof and another from my last company's CEO, whatever weight they have. Applied in special considerations.

My GPA is not great, somewhere between 2 and 3 overall because I had a complicated undergrad - it says 2.09 on OLSAS, but somewhere around 3 for last couple years, I think, if that means anything. LSAT 156 from December.

There ya have it.

Good for you! I currently work at a law office where one of our lawyers went to law school at 43... they are doing an amazing job. 

Congrats to @dacksworth and @StoneSkipper

I'm with the rest of the crew that is growing increasingly anxious. I called Thursday last week and was told I'd hear by the end of this week.

I called this afternoon -- really shouldn't have as it's not the end of the week yet. But their mailbox is full!

I wonder if most acceptances have already gone out.

11 minutes ago, sandman said:

Congrats to @dacksworth and @StoneSkipper

I'm with the rest of the crew that is growing increasingly anxious. I called Thursday last week and was told I'd hear by the end of this week.

I called this afternoon -- really shouldn't have as it's not the end of the week yet. But their mailbox is full!

I wonder if most acceptances have already gone out.

If it helps, the Facebook group is currently at 84 students, but some may not have joined yet (plus the few that have been accepted the past week or so once the 1L rep confirms they are in the class). There’s usually around 110 students from what I gather so there is still a bit of hope! 

• Like 2

Don't forget that about 20 of those Facebook students are the 1L Orientation leaders! Still plenty of chance for students to be accepted!! :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Given that only about a third of spots still need to be filled, I think acceptances will only go out as one-offs from now on as spots become available off the waitlist.

But my guess is as good as anyone else's at this point.

Also, the email didn't say that they'll tell us our ranking by the end of next week. It just says that they'll be sorting the waitlist at the end of next week. And after that -- whenever they're able to -- they'll let us know of our rank or best guess in terms of when we might hear again from them.

I'm starting to get nervous because I haven't heard ANYTHING - no acceptance, no rejection, no waitlist.... I would just love an answer either way. 

11 minutes ago, L1Hopeful said:

I'm starting to get nervous because I haven't heard ANYTHING - no acceptance, no rejection, no waitlist.... I would just love an answer either way. 

i am in the same boat as you. i was told id hear something by the end of this week. so im just assuming the snailmail rejection has yet to reach :(

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎25 at 12:14 PM, dacksworth said:

There ya have it.

Glad to hear I won't be the only person in the class that is over 30!

For those who were more recently accepted, what was the date you were given to pay your deposit by? 

Just got the email today that I was waitlisted, so fingers crossed.

did anyone receive the course planning email? I got no news from admission so far.no rejection, no waitlist.Do they send the wrong email to me?

Edited by Alexmiffy

I received it too. I am assuming it was sent to everyone on the mailing list.

Definitely provides an opportunity to ask Admissions what is up though.

19 minutes ago, L1Hopeful said:

I received it too. I am assuming it was sent to everyone on the mailing list.

Definitely provides an opportunity to ask Admissions what is up though.

did you heard any news from them?