AWL

Accepted to TRU 2018

Just accepted off the waitlist minutes ago!! Stats are previously posted but they are 151 lsat, 3.6-7 gpa and lots of experience in social work type jobs.

Good luck to everyone else waiting! Im excited to meet everyone in the near future!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 250VI said:

Just accepted off the waitlist minutes ago!! Stats are previously posted but they are 151 lsat, 3.6-7 gpa and lots of experience in social work type jobs.

Good luck to everyone else waiting! Im excited to meet everyone in the near future!

That's great news.  I could see in the waitlist thread how badly you wanted in so congrats!  Good luck over the next 3 years.  You'll have a lot of fun at TRU!

• Like 2

On 2/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, connormcdavid said:

Just received an acceptance letter.

cGPA: 3.65/4.0

LSAT1: 160

LSAT2: 173

@connormcdavid congratulations ! I was wondering as a student currently trying to study for my LSAT with little significant signs of improvement in the last month, if you have any word of advice as to how you were able to conceive such an astonishing jump in your score? Anything helps. thanks!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, franc said:

@connormcdavid congratulations ! I was wondering as a student currently trying to study for my LSAT with little significant signs of improvement in the last month, if you have any word of advice as to how you were able to conceive such an astonishing jump in your score? Anything helps. thanks!

It is difficult to say without knowing what sections you struggle with.  The powerscore bibles and workbooks are must haves. If you struggle with the logic games I would also consider the game type training logic games bible.  It is just a bunch of logic games broken down by type.  I prepared very thoroughly for my first LSAT but had a bit of a panic attack during the test and performed poorly in comparison to my averages.  I wrote the next available test and studied next to none.  Try not to get yourself to worked up and study very little your last week.  If you don't know it by then you won't know it.  Don't stress too much.  Good luck!  

• Like 2

On 4/9/2018 at 6:18 PM, fatimagc said:

Just got the acceptance email this morning! 

Stats: cgpa: 2.8 (olsas) L2: 80% (UBC) Lsat: 150, 157, 158, 156 (Dec 2017) Application complete around beg-mid January Regular 2nd time applicant with lot's of ECs regarding refugee health. 

Been accepted to Calgary in January and paid my deposit...now I'm conflicted since I'm a BC resident and would like to stay close to home, but that tuition cost is making me unsure...

Need to pay deposit by April 30th. 

Posts like your are so hopeful! Hope you ace law school :) 

On 5/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, aimforthestars said:

Hello guys, first time poster on here. 

I just wanted to say that I have been accepted off the waitlist (waitlisted on April 26th) for the 2018 class today.

My CGPA is 3.11 / L2 is 3.84 / L3 is 3.6 /// My LSAT scores are 148, 149 , 148 (Dec score)

I am posting this to give hope to people like me who have consistently struggled with the LSAT (and may never get better at the exam). I personally could not get over my nerves - and i tried everything (studied for a whole year and was PTing consistently at 165. My diagnostic was a 136. But on exam day I would just get so much anxiety - I couldn't think straight and the time constraint then obviously got me. I remember crying after the exam thinking why I couldn't do this. But so many professors told me that the LSAT means something but not everything on your application. 

So - I focused on how else I could prove myself worthy. I believe that it is my extra curricular/softs that has helped me get accepted. I have done Canadian feminist archival work, worked as an editorial assistant for the production of a feminist book, I have received a fellowship from UofT to produce my own research (about gender barriers South Asian women face in India and in the Canadian diaspora // traveled to India to make the documentary), created a club on campus that collects and donates food to local food banks, member and served on board of directors for the Women's and trans centre. ETC. I also made sure to prove I could handle law school - by getting my act together and maintaining high grades for my final years of study.

I have wanted this ever since second year but I started to lose hope after consistently doing poorly on the LSATs. Imagine prep testing at 165 consistently (15 PTs all under same time constraints, early morning like the real LSAT and ending up with a 148 on your third attempt). but I am so grateful for this opportunity. I felt obligated to come on here and post this because I know there will be a lurker like me who has lost hope because of the LSAT. My advice to you is to focus on what you are good at and let that show through your application. I genuinely love to do research in feminist activism. I also wrote a strong personal statement. 

For those wondering - I'm also waitlisted at Windsor (SINGLE JD) and under review for the DUAL.

Also, if anyone has any questions about EC or my softs - please DM me. I would love to help out in any way that I can. Last couple months have been brutal for me (lurking on this forum, contemplating life, losing hope). 

I am beyond excited and grateful - started to cry at work when I saw the email. Well deserved :) CANT WAIT TO MEET EVERYONE IN SEPTEMBER :D 

So hopeful and excited for you, best of luck!:)