Sign in to follow this  
utor21

Accepted to U of T 2018

1 minute ago, SuitsInspiredMe said:

According to their Tumblr post on Dec 8th, "ROUND 2 IN MID-JANUARY".

But who knows

Yup.. I think we can all agree the suspense is painful lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuitsInspiredMe said:

According to their Tumblr post on Dec 8th, "ROUND 2 IN MID-JANUARY".

But who knows

That was before they had LSAT scores from December released 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I think round 2 is in progress currently. 

There's a post on their tumblr saying the decision process started on January 12th and will be ongoing until the 26th.

• Like 1

Updated on their tumblr a few minutes ago:

ROUND 2 NOTIFICATIONS OF ADMISSION OFFERS BEGAN JAN 12, 2018

The second round of admission selections to the first year of the JD program for entry in 2018 have begun.

When may I find out?
At this point, we are anticipating to complete the second round of offers over the next two weeks between Jan 12-26. Notifications will not be made daily. The bulk of notification may likely be sent closer toward Jan 26 since it takes time to conduct a proper review of files.

Acceptances coming the next few weeks, most of it will be closer to the 26th. Good luck!! :)

Edited by xdarkwhite
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! Congrats to those accepted :)

Just to let you know for future reference: the calls don't go out in alphabetical order! I met with the Senior Admissions Director and he said they are most definitely just random - simply based on the applications each admissions officer has in their pile. :) Hopefully that can quell some of the anxiety of waiting to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see people referencing "calls." Have people who have heard back during the January round received emails as well? I am abroad and can't receive phone calls at the moment, but I did not think that this would be an issue because I had already received an email from the UofT when I applied which indicated that offers would be extended via email.

7 minutes ago, Powerlevel said:

I see people referencing "calls." Have people who have heard back during the January round received emails as well? I am abroad and can't receive phone calls at the moment, but I did not think that this would be an issue because I had already received an email from the UofT when I applied which indicated that offers would be extended via email.

The call is basically a courtesy notification, it is always followed by an official email offer. And then a few days later your offer will appear in OLSAS in the Choices/Offers tab. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prospero said:

The call is basically a courtesy notification, it is always followed by an official email offer. And then a few days later your offer will appear in OLSAS in the Choices/Offers tab. 

Great, thank you.

45 minutes ago, retakelsat said:

How many offers do they give out? The Facebook group has so many people!

About 290 to 300, considering the yield rate is 70% and the entering class is always between 205 and 210 people. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Prospero said:

About 290 to 300, considering the yield rate is 70% and the entering class is always between 205 and 210 people. 

Group already has 220 members 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nabbo said:

Group already has 220 members 

Are people who decline/provisionally accept elsewhere removed from the FB group? 

Would they actually fill their class before the Feb LSAT scores have came out? That seems weird to me, considering they say they take the Feb LSAT (at least, I am pretty sure they do). Anyone know the link to the group? Tried searching Facebook and couldn't find it. 

Edit: Found it. 

Edited by GnarMarBinx

3 hours ago, GnarMarBinx said:

Would they actually fill their class before the Feb LSAT scores have came out? That seems weird to me, considering they say they take the Feb LSAT (at least, I am pretty sure they do). Anyone know the link to the group? Tried searching Facebook and couldn't find it. 

Edit: Found it. 

They state that they do their third and final main round of offers in mid-March. But it's certainly seemingly like there aren't many slots left now...

2 minutes ago, pearsonspectorlittup said:

I don't think that the FB group can actually verify, I somewhat doubt there have already been 220 offers when the U of T blog says the bulk of this round's offers will be this coming week

I was wondering about that myself, but people seemed to indicate that the group was invite only?

(Apologies for contributing to derailing this thread a bit...)

12 minutes ago, nnnnnnn said:

Did UofT send out e-mail notifications for the second round? 

A few hours after receiving the phone call I got an email.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hopefulcanadianlawyr said:

A few hours after receiving the phone call I got an email.

Thanks for the info :)