Sign in to follow this  
june2017

Will schools wait for Feb results?

Hey guys,

I've written my December lsat (fingers crossed it went well) but I've also signed up for the February one as I wait for my score. My question is, if my December score is good, is it possible to receive an acceptance from a school or will they wait for me to write my February one and then make a decision? 

27 minutes ago, june2017 said:

Hey guys,

I've written my December lsat (fingers crossed it went well) but I've also signed up for the February one as I wait for my score. My question is, if my December score is good, is it possible to receive an acceptance from a school or will they wait for me to write my February one and then make a decision? 

Some schools look at February LSAT, some do not. It truly depends on where you are applying. I believe a majority, if not all schools in Ontario count the December score as your last possible score, and will not look at your February one. That being said outside of Ontario, there is lots of fluctuation i.e. Saskatchewan accepts the February LSAT sitting.

Schools that will accept the February LSAT: UofT, Osgoode, Queen's, Western, Ottawa, UBC, Dalhousie, UNB, TRU, McGill, UVic, Saskatchewan, Lakehead

Schools that accept December LSAT as the latest for cycle: Alberta, Calgary, Manitoba, Windsor

If you didn't indicate you'll be writing the Feb LSAT in your application(s), you should give those schools a heads-up.  

8 hours ago, Meiteen7 said:

Some schools look at February LSAT, some do not. It truly depends on where you are applying. I believe a majority, if not all schools in Ontario count the December score as your last possible score, and will not look at your February one. That being said outside of Ontario, there is lots of fluctuation i.e. Saskatchewan accepts the February LSAT sitting.

The other way around. The vast majority of Ontario schools accept the February. I believe it's only Windsor that doesn't accept the February (in Ontario). 

10 minutes ago, LegalArmada said:

The other way around. The vast majority of Ontario schools accept the February. I believe it's only Windsor that doesn't accept the February (in Ontario). 

Ah my mistake.

Sorry guys! I should have been more clear.

I have indicated on my application that I'll be writing both December and February. What I meant was if my December score is competitive, could a school choose to accept me based off my December score and disregard the fact that I'm writing in February?

(if I were to receive an acceptance based off my December score, it's very unlikely I'll write in February)

3 hours ago, june2017 said:

I have indicated on my application that I'll be writing both December and February. What I meant was if my December score is competitive, could a school choose to accept me based off my December score and disregard the fact that I'm writing in February?

(if I were to receive an acceptance based off my December score, it's very unlikely I'll write in February)

I have seen many people get in before their second LSAT is out on this website.

3 hours ago, june2017 said:

Unless your GPA(cGPA, L2 etc) are competitive,  you may be accepted/ rejected based on Dec LSAT.

e.g. UT your B3 is 3.4 and Dec LSAT is 160. I doubt that they will wait for your Feb LSAT.

However, if your B3 is 3.9 and Dec LSAT is 160. They will most likely wait for Feb LSAT.

To answer your question. It depends on which school you are applying to and your stats before your Feb score.

Edited by Luckycharm