OldOne

Lakehead Applicants 2018

So..this thread's pretty dead. I want to revive it. Anyone here waiting to hear from Bora Laskin? If so-where else did you apply to?

10 hours ago, OldOne said:

So..this thread's pretty dead. I want to revive it. Anyone here waiting to hear from Bora Laskin? If so-where else did you apply to?

I applied to Lakehead, Ottawa and Windsor. They said it should be around January that offers are sent out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Meiteen7 said:

I applied to Lakehead, Ottawa and Windsor. They said it should be around January that offers are sent out.

Ya .I looked ay last year's acceptances on here , looks like it started on January 9.

I'm also waiting on Osgoode and U of T. 

*fingers crossed*

9 minutes ago, Meiteen7 said:

Yeah I'm hoping that I get in, Lakehead and Windsor definitely tied as my number one choices.

Do you live in Tbay? If so, I expect you have a good chance. (Assuming you have average or better stats) Wish u luck!

1 hour ago, OldOne said:

Do you live in Tbay? If so, I expect you have a good chance. (Assuming you have average or better stats) Wish u luck!

I don't live in TBay, but I'm really interested in their program and northern living in a small community.

Edited by Meiteen7

Just now, Meiteen7 said:

I don't live in TBay, but I'm really interested in their program and northern living in a small community.

Cool. I was born there, but live in the GTA now. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. There are a lot of restaurants and hangouts. 

It's obviosly no Toronto-but there's a nightlife there too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldOne said:

Cool. I was born there, but live in the GTA now. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. There are a lot of restaurants and hangouts. 

It's obviosly no Toronto-but there's a nightlife there too.

Yeah I'm not a big city person so I'm looking forward to it, should I get in. 

Edited by Meiteen7
  • Like 1

Got a call yesterday with an offer of acceptance to the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law so the admissions process has already begun!

Sept LSAT:151

Dec LSAT: Still waiting

It had to have been my softs...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawfulwaffle said:

Got a call yesterday with an offer of acceptance to the Bora Laskin Faculty of Law so the admissions process has already begun!

Congratulations!

6 minutes ago, Lawfulwaffle said:

Do they tell you when you have to accept by?

35 minutes ago, OldOne said:

Do they tell you when you have to accept by?

Yeah they said in the email I received today deadline is in line with OLSAS April 2nd.

• Thanks 1

Figured I would revive the revival of this thread. The acceptances seemed to slow down mid-December, that being said, past threads seem to indicate that a bulk of students get accepted January. Has anybody heard anything?  Is Bora Laskin your first choice? I'm applying as an access student, is anybody else on here applying  access? Looking to start a dialogue with other prospective students, since it would seem that the Bora Laskin threads are few and far between compared to other Ontario schools.

Edited by Meiteen7

I noticed Bora Laskin students and alumni are not much active on this thread. My guess is that they will send few offers on Monday. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KilltheLSAT said:

I noticed Bora Laskin students and alumni are not much active on this thread. My guess is that they will send few offers on Monday. 

I mean I feel like they may be waiting for December LSATs to come in to do a mass acceptance, but it's weird because a few students got in and then poof it was like done. Granted people off this site could be accepted, still weird that only 3 or 4 got accepted and then they just kinda stopped, especially when they increased class size.

And yeah for sure. It definitely seems like at other schools you have way more 1Ls and 2Ls posting, whereas here....

Edited by Meiteen7
  • Like 1

Bora Laskin is small. Small class size. I think 1, maybe 2 graduating classes...so not surprising that this thread is not too active.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OldOne said:

Bora Laskin is small. Small class size. I think 1, maybe 2 graduating classes...so not surprising that this thread is not too active.

I agree with you. I meant to say this forum.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KilltheLSAT said:

I agree with you. I meant to say this forum.

I did as well, you don't see many 1ls and 2ls active in the forum. With regard to this thread, it is for applicants applying this year, and only 4 ppl have posted here, 2 of which have already been accepted to the program. Hopefully soon, more students who applied will post here so we can garner more data for prospective students to analyze.

Edited by Meiteen7
  • Like 1

Current student here, and I was accepted last year into the program. However, I cannot comment on the acceptance process accurately as the entire process (due to OLSAS) last year was extremely bizarre with the very first rounds of acceptances for most schools only beginning in January, which is a month later than "normal". Nonetheless, if I were forced to make a prediction I would also surmise that there will be a fairly large acceptance bracket to occur soon as there seems to have been little to no activity in the acceptance thread for around a month.

@FingersCr0ssed Do you know what would be the right time to look for a place in Thunder Bay. Do you suggest any neighborhood. I will be taking public transit and prefer to live as close as possible to a school. I need 1 or 2 bedroom apartment/house. Thanks.