Accepted to Western 2018

In yesterday!!

cGPA 3.5, L2 3.8, 160

Grad degree, strong ECs & softs

Edited by JDtobe
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, howdoilaw said:

in. 

This gives me a lot of hope. What were your ECs like? did you do a graduate degree?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, david2234 said:

This gives me a lot of hope. What were your ECs like? did you do a graduate degree?

ECs were good. No graduate degree  

applied access and explained the one horrible year that pulled down my CGPA

Goodluck

17 hours ago, hopeful2018 said:

Hey congrats! Mind me asking what your L2 was?

Not sure what it is exactly but it was a 3.7 or above

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

I was accepted Wednesday and declined today to make room for one of you lovely people! 

CGPA 3.6, L2 3.9, 162

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LawSquid said:

Hey everyone, 

I was accepted Wednesday and declined today to make room for one of you lovely people! 

CGPA 3.6, L2 3.9, 162

Which school did you decline Western for?

1 minute ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Which school did you decline Western for?

I've been accepted at Osgoode, so like 95% chance it will be there. Waiting to hear from Queens before I make any final decisions though! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LawSquid said:

I've been accepted at Osgoode, so like 95% chance it will be there. Waiting to hear from Queens before I make any final decisions though! 

Bless. I don't understand why people who have been accepted to their target school and will definitely be going there hold out on acceptances/declines; Makes zero sense. Congratulations! I did my undergrad at Western and my SO is doing a PhD there so Im really hoping to get in!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blondlaw said:

Bless. I don't understand why people who have been accepted to their target school and will definitely be going there hold out on acceptances/declines; Makes zero sense. Congratulations! I did my undergrad at Western and my SO is doing a PhD there so Im really hoping to get in!

Well personaly, I've paid a lot of money to apply to various law schools and so I expect to receive my money's worth, by way of responses.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, harveyspecter993 said:

Well personaly, I've paid a lot of money to apply to various law schools and so I expect to receive my money's worth, by way of responses.

Just for the ego stroke? I think people are simply pointing out that keeping your acceptance in limbo for a school you're definitely not going to accept just hurts other students.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

Just for the ego stroke? I think people are simply pointing out that keeping your acceptance in limbo for a school you're definitely not going to accept just hurts other students.

I'm effectively throwing away money if I cancel the applications of the schools I haven't heard from. When I go to a restaurant and order appetizers, a main course and dessert,  I expect to eat all the food I've ordered, I'm not going to leave after the main course just because I feel full. At worst, I'll get the dessert wrapped up to go.

Edited by harveyspecter993
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

I'm effectively throwing away money if I cancel the applications of the schools I haven't heard from. When I go to a restaurant and order appetizers, a main course and dessert,  I expect to eat all the food I've ordered, I'm not going to leave after the main course just because I feel full. At worst, I'll get the dessert wrapped up to go.

To each their own. I see it more like ordering all the food on the menu and having everybody else in the restaurant stare at you starving while you only eat one entree. You're in at Osgoode and already making plans to live there - why care what Queens and Western have to say?

It's up to you, of course. Like you said, you paid the money. I'm still not 100% sure how it works but I'm going to cancel my Osgoode and Queens apps since I know I'm in at Western, my second choice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

To each their own. I see it more like ordering all the food on the menu and having everybody else in the restaurant stare at you starving while you only eat one entree. You're in at Osgoode and already making plans to live there - why care what Queens and Western have to say?

It's up to you, of course. Like you said, you paid the money. I'm still not 100% sure how it works but I'm going to cancel my Osgoode and Queens apps since I know I'm in at Western, my second choice. 

What was your first choice? Further, why cancel the others? How do you know that Osgoode or Queen's won't give you a generous scholarship that will force you to reconsider Western?

Edited by harveyspecter993
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, harveyspecter993 said:

What was your first choice? Further, why cancel the others? How do you know that Osgoode or Queen's won't give you a generous scholarship that will force you to reconsider Western?

My first choice is Ottawa. I have no interest in living in Kingston or north Toronto. I currently live in London, my fiancee has a great job here and could transfer Ottawa. My stats don't warrant a scholarship at Osgoode or Queens.

You sound like you have a good enough reason to keep your options open - I don't. We are dangerously off topic though, so let's move on. I just think if anyone is sitting on offers they KNOW they aren't going to take they may as well withdraw.

• Like 2