Sign in to follow this  
anonymous95

Accepted at McGill 2018

On 3/15/2018 at 1:13 PM, mootqueenJD69 said:

Interview question. I got called to schedule an admissions interview for next week. 

Hey!  That's awesome news!    I wish you all the best.  :uriel:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, CEGEP applicant here waiting to see if I will get called for an interview. My question is : How does McGill contact student for the interview phone ? email ? minerva ? Thanks

• Like 1

Are there any mature candidates out there who've been admitted? Or called for interviews?

Just got in today! Received an email and accepted the offer! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jesm said:

Just got in today! Received an email and accepted the offer! 

Congrats @jesm!! :)

Would you mind sharing your stats with the community?

• Like 1

yes, of course! I did not expect it because of my LSAT  (148, 153) GPA: 3.80, Master's GPA: 3.80

I have lived in many countries, I speak 4 languages, have a Master's degree. Worked with refugees, international organizations, worked as a tutor, etc... I grew up in an unstable country and was able to overcome financial and educational obstacles. Very strong Ec's basically and LOR's. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jesm said:

yes, of course! I did not expect it because of my LSAT  (148, 153) GPA: 3.80, Master's GPA: 3.80

I have lived in many countries, I speak 4 languages, have a Master's degree. Worked with refugees, international organizations, worked as a tutor, etc... I grew up in an unstable country and was able to overcome financial and educational obstacles. Very strong Ec's basically and LOR's. 

Thank you for sharing :) See you next year! :D 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gerwulf said:

Thank you for sharing :) See you next year! :D 

Is there a facebook group for the accepted class of 2018 btw? Thanks and see you next year! 

1 hour ago, jesm said:

Congratulations! Is your GPA on 4 or 4.3? 

Just now, Futurelawstudent1 said:

Congratulations! Is your GPA on 4 or 4.3? 

thank you ! it’s 4 for both the BA and the MA 

4 hours ago, jesm said:

You seem  to have a similar background to mine:D ! Congratulations and AWESOME news for you!  You will surely sleep better at night now and you can start preparing.  

.....I'm still waiting everyday, but I am not losing hope...  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WaitingOnTheHorizon said:

You seem  to have a similar background to mine:D ! Congratulations and AWESOME news for you!  You will surely sleep better at night now and you can start preparing.  

.....I'm still waiting everyday, but I am not losing hope...  

Good luck and I hope you receive some good news soon! I know how painful it is to wait :/ I almost gave up hope but I guess McGill appreciates diverse experiences and looks at the applicant in a holistic manner. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mootqueenJD69 said:

Accepted with French condition this morning.

Congrats @mootqueenJD69:)

Would you mind sharing your stats with the rest of the community? :) Thank you!

On 3/20/2018 at 11:57 PM, Lampadaire said:

Hi, CEGEP applicant here waiting to see if I will get called for an interview. My question is : How does McGill contact student for the interview phone ? email ? minerva ? Thanks

Waiting for that as well. I've heard that it was by phone and looking at past years calls should be made in the next 1-3 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, plmorin said:

Waiting for that as well. I've heard that it was by phone and looking at past years calls should be made in the next 1-3 weeks. 

• Thanks 1