Sign in to follow this  
JonSnow95

Chances?

6 hours ago, JonSnow95 said:

cGPA: 3.63

LSAT: 158

Strong LORs and good ECs. 

If your ECs and LORs are rly that good then I think if you rewrote the lsat and got a 160+ you'd have a good chance :) . your cgpa is really good.

I spoke to someone who used to be on admissions at Osgoode (~4 years ago so take this with a grain of salt) and they basically confirmed that Osgoode really is holistic and looks carefully at everything in your file/extremely values ECs and strong LORs. Although I'm not getting my hopes up, this person told me I have a decent shot on getting in later in the cycle as a result of my ECs - and I have a way worse cgpa than you (3.35, 160lsat).

Edited by erbear23

OZ is NOT holistic

Although OZ will admit certain applicants with not so competitive stats for holistic reasons.

Just because OZ looks at everything in your application doesn't mean they are holistic.

Windsor is the true holistic school

43 minutes ago, erbear23 said:

If your ECs and LORs are rly that good then I think if you rewrote the lsat and got a 160+ you'd have a good chance  . your cgpa is really good.

I spoke to someone who used to be on admissions at Osgoode (~4 years ago so take this with a grain of salt) and they basically confirmed that Osgoode really is holistic and looks carefully at everything in your file/extremely values ECs and strong LORs. Although I'm not getting my hopes up, this person told me I have a decent shot on getting in later in the cycle as a result of my ECs - and I have a way worse cgpa than you (3.35, 160lsat).

Sorry I do not mean to be a killjoy but I don't think you should mislead them (and others on this board) into thinking that a 3.63 cGPA is "really good" just because it is much better than yours (no offense). Their cGPA barely scrapes Osgoode's median for last year and is decent, but unlikely to make up for their LSAT. IMO a really good cGPA (or LSAT) is one that can make up for weaker areas of an individual's application (this is dependent on the school as well)  and this just isn't it. 

Edited by BayStreetOrBust
elaboration

8 minutes ago, BayStreetOrBust said:

Sorry I do not mean to be a killjoy but I don't think you should mislead them (and others on this board) into thinking that a 3.63 cGPA is "really good" just because it is much better than yours (no offense). Their cGPA barely scrapes Osgoode's median for last year and is decent, but unlikely to make up for their LSAT. IMO a really good cGPA (or LSAT) is one that can make up for weaker areas of an individual's application (this is dependent on the school as well)  and this just isn't it. 

Good point

14 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Good point

23 minutes ago, BayStreetOrBust said:

thats fair but I'm not comparing to just my own but to other peoples from past accepted threads here - where coupled with good ECs, a 3.63 and a low 160 has been good enough for oz many times. Which is why I said I think a rewrite is necessary; and IMO even a few points higher would make op way more than "20%" likely to get in. 

Also I wasn't trying to mislead anyone lol so I guess I shouldn't have said op's cgpa is really good, because yeah its obviously not amazing as a 3.8 3.9... but its respectable. :)