lau

Accepted to Calgary 2018

Accepted today - 

GPA: 3.7
LSAT: 163

Decent ECs and pretty good LORs

Will be declining in favour of Dalhousie!

Good luck everyone

• Like 4

Accepted today as well.  Still undecided between Calgary and a school closer to home for me but should have a final decision in the next couple weeks.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 3:09 PM, Law4478 said:

Accepted today as well.  Still undecided between Calgary and a school closer to home for me but should have a final decision in the next couple weeks.

What were your l2 and lsat? And ecs

48 minutes ago, kellyb said:

What were your l2 and lsat? And ecs

L2 was 3.6ish, lsat 160.  Strong work experience and volunteer experience.  I believe my reference letters would have been very strong as well.  

On 3/9/2018 at 1:00 PM, cdukes said:

Accepted today - 

GPA: 3.7
LSAT: 163

Decent ECs and pretty good LORs

Will be declining in favour of Dalhousie!

Good luck everyone

Hi there. What date did you have to respond by with a fee?

6 hours ago, ashleydawn08 said:

Hi there. What date did you have to respond by with a fee?

The letter said to pay the deposit by March 31st! 

• Like 1

Just got the email today! First acceptance after being rejected from every school last year! 

CGPA: 2.84 L2: 3.73. LSAT: 162.  Strong LOR's and Good EC's. 

• Like 7

On 3/9/2018 at 4:09 PM, Law4478 said:

Hey Law4478,

Did you end up making a decision? Ps congrats on getting in!

Posted (edited)

Accepted off waitlist today, applied Aboriginal category.

Edited by Iheartcats
  • Like 4

Accepted off the waitlist around 4pm SK time!

cGPA: awful L2: 3.45 LSAT: 161

Aboriginal category

Good EC's

I will be accepting the offer. Excited to see you all in September!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, calgaryhopeful2017 said:

Accepted off the waitlist around 4pm SK time!

cGPA: awful L2: 3.45 LSAT: 161

Aboriginal category

Good EC's

I will be accepting the offer. Excited to see you all in September!

Congrats! Super exciting to get into the school you want!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kyle009 said:

Hey Law4478,Did you end up making a decision? Ps congrats on getting in!

I did make a decision.  I agonized for days and flip-flopped like a fish before deciding but in the end I declined in favour of school at home (UManitoba).  It was a really tough decision but in the end family and building on the life and the connections I've made at home won out.

For what it's worth I really believe that the U of C is a phenomenal school and everyone from the dean down to the students was great through the entire process.  The open house was wonderful and it sounds cheesy but I was genuinely inspired to be around such passionate people.  Honestly I might seriously consider applying for a L.O.P. at some point to spend a semester or two at U of C because it was really that good and I'd love to get the chance to do some schooling there if that worked out.  That's a long way off though and lots of hard work between now and then but it could be an option down the road.

Regardless, the good thing is that another spot opens up at U of C for someone.  Best of luck to everyone out there, wherever you end up!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Law4478 said:

I did make a decision.  I agonized for days and flip-flopped like a fish before deciding but in the end I declined in favour of school at home (UManitoba).  It was a really tough decision but in the end family and building on the life and the connections I've made at home won out.

For what it's worth I really believe that the U of C is a phenomenal school and everyone from the dean down to the students was great through the entire process.  The open house was wonderful and it sounds cheesy but I was genuinely inspired to be around such passionate people.  Honestly I might seriously consider applying for a L.O.P. at some point to spend a semester or two at U of C because it was really that good and I'd love to get the chance to do some schooling there if that worked out.  That's a long way off though and lots of hard work between now and then but it could be an option down the road.

Regardless, the good thing is that another spot opens up at U of C for someone.  Best of luck to everyone out there, wherever you end up!

Congratulations! Best of luck to you in the future!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, G1donut said:

Accepted today! Im a reapplicant who was waitlisted for 6 months last year. I received my rejection letter right after my Dad's funeral, so Im over the moon right now. 

LSAT 159 158 166

L2 Pretty bad. No idea how they calculated foreign courses. Low end of 3

ECs courthouse volunteering, international language competition, instant noodle instagram

REFs Very close with both professors and have done tons of activites with one of them.

Green circled Jan 22 no change until today. 

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was waiting for this post since I got mine, I'm so happy you got in too. Celebrate lots =)

Edited by soulmeetsbody12
  • Like 2

I just declined my offer in favor of U of A.  Good luck to all those still waiting!!

• Like 3

Accepted. Lsat 150, 156, 156, 159. cGPA 3.19

• Like 3

4 hours ago, psigm said:

Accepted. Lsat 150, 156, 156, 159. cGPA 3.19

Were you waitlisted previously?

Just received the email today. This is my first acceptance so I am very excited but I'm still waiting to hear back from some schools in Ontario before I decide to accept. 

CGPA: 3.21/4 calculated by OLSAS

L2: Around 3.9/4 

LSAT: 157 only write 

I had a horrible first year where I failed two courses and used my personal statement to explain my circumstances. Since second year I have had a very strong upward trend which I also emphasized in my PS. This acceptance is a huge relief. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to here back, don't lose hope if you have stats like mine!

• Like 3

On 2018-04-12 at 12:40 AM, 420 said:

Were you waitlisted previously?

No - not waitlisted