Sign in to follow this  
osgoodehopeful

In Queue 2018

1 hour ago, aptl96 said:

Does being in queue have any significance whatsoever? Would be great if someone could shed some light on this. Although, I have a feeling it's pretty much meaningless. 

Did you read the thread? 

• Like 1

A little birdie told me that the first round of acceptances will be heading out in the next few days. Bear in mind that these are (primarily) offers to people with high stats. The holistic analysis starts next month.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Ryn said:

A little birdie told me that the first round of acceptances will be heading out in the next few days. Bear in mind that these are (primarily) offers to people with high stats. The holistic analysis starts next month.

I've never felt more conflicted about a person's post than I have with yours Ryn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeoandCharlie said:

I've never felt more conflicted about a person's post than I have with yours Ryn. 

Glad I could help ;)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ryn said:

This week or next?

Just now, harveyspecter993 said:

This week or next?

It's my understanding that it's this week. Perhaps Friday. But I'm not 100% sure on that. Next few days is all I really can say with any certainty.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ryn said:

It's my understanding that it's this week. Perhaps Friday. But I'm not 100% sure on that. Next few days is all I really can say with any certainty.

Do you enjoy watching us 0Ls sweat just a little more?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RNGesus said:

Do you enjoy watching us 0Ls sweat just a little more?

It's really the only entertainment I can allow myself during exams :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ryn said:

It's really the only entertainment I can allow myself during exams :P

I recommend finding a puppy to play with instead. For the mental health of all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryn said:

Thanks for letting us know! I have a question though: do they not look at your personal statements etc before next year then? I'm a bit confused about your remark about the holistic analysis, because while most people who got in early in previous years had great stats, there were many with very similar stats that got in like in January. 

Anyone else have an "incomplete" file? I'm pretty sure all of my documents were received by OLSAS. Is it because I'll be rewriting the LSAT?

1 minute ago, osgoodehopeful said:

Thanks for letting us know! I have a question though: do they not look at your personal statements etc before next year then? I'm a bit confused about your remark about the holistic analysis, because while most people who got in early in previous years had great stats, there were many with very similar stats that got in like in January. 

There's a presumptive admit threshold above which you will be admitted without much weight placed on your personal statement (though they do read it, so you can still get nixed if you bomb it). The majority of people receiving a first offer are in that group, though not everyone (they have already started their holistic review but it's just recently begun). I don't know what the threshold is, so don't ask, but I do know that both your GPA and LSAT need to be high in order to fit into that category.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hopefulawyer said:

Anyone else have an "incomplete" file? I'm pretty sure all of my documents were received by OLSAS. Is it because I'll be rewriting the LSAT?

I'm rewriting and my file is complete. You should contact them. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ryn said:

There's a presumptive admit threshold above which you will be admitted without much weight placed on your personal statement (though they do read it, so you can still get nixed if you bomb it). The majority of people receiving a first offer are in that group, though not everyone (they have already started their holistic review but it's just recently begun). I don't know what the threshold is, so don't ask, but I do know that both your GPA and LSAT need to be high in order to fit into that category.

In your informed opinion (I'm not expecting an exact science), do you you think a 3.97cGPA and a 159 LSAT is sufficient to reach the threshold for early admissions? I don't think it is (Given the low LSAT score) but I'm curious as to what your insights may be on this matter as there are not many with such a high cGPA. 

1 hour ago, LeoandCharlie said:

In your informed opinion (I'm not expecting an exact science), do you you think a 3.97cGPA and a 159 LSAT is sufficient to reach the threshold for early admissions? I don't think it is (Given the low LSAT score) but I'm curious as to what your insights may be on this matter as there are not many with such a high cGPA. 

I don’t think so but I think you have a pretty good chance of an offer at some point. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ryn said:

I don’t think so but I think you have a pretty good chance of an offer at some point. 

Well... since we're asking...

What's your informed opinion on a 3.73 cGPA / 165 LSAT? 

20 minutes ago, Housecopter said:

Well... since we're asking...

What's your informed opinion on a 3.73 cGPA / 165 LSAT? 

I would be extremely surprised if you didn't get in with those stats.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nabbo said:

I would be extremely surprised if you didn't get in with those stats.

Yeah I agree. I think you've got a pretty good shot.

• Thanks 1