Sign in to follow this  
animal321

Minimum LSAT score needed for U of T?

If I have a 3.9 GPA (on the OLSAS scale), with a strong PS and fairly strong extracurriculars/work experience, what is the minimum score I will need for U of T?

There is no real cut-off or minimum score, but I would venture to guess that 160 would be scraping the bottom of U of T's admitted students pile. Are you looking to determine at what score you would need to consider a re-take? At 3.9 with strong PS/Work/ECs, I guess that you might be reasonably safe if you're above 160, and in any case, you should only re-take if you think it will improve your score by a large margin.

I hope these guesses have re-assured you...

Note: I didn't ask the question because I'm hoping to not put in any effort/get by with the bare minimum. I asked because I'm struggling with the LSAT and want to know what my chances are. 

168+ almost 100% 

165-167. -80 to 90%

162 -164.60 to 70%

160 -161 - 40 to 50%

Below 160. Hard to tell. may be 20%

On 11/11/2017 at 11:55 AM, Luckycharm said:

168+ almost 100% 

165-167. -80 to 90%

162 -164.60 to 70%

160 -161 - 40 to 50%

Below 160. Hard to tell. may be 20%

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting those numbers from?

I got in this round with a 4.0 GPA and 162 LSAT. There were a couple of people who got in with lower LSATs, if I'm not mistaken. I think U of T is truly a holistic school, so I think that, depending on your extra-curriculars, you could be good with a 162 like me. I agree with what was said above, though, in that you should obviously aim for the best mark you can (which I'm sure you know) :)

On 19/12/2017 at 12:34 PM, katefromlawschool said:

I got in this round with a 4.0 GPA and 162 LSAT. There were a couple of people who got in with lower LSATs, if I'm not mistaken. I think U of T is truly a holistic school, so I think that, depending on your extra-curriculars, you could be good with a 162 like me. I agree with what was said above, though, in that you should obviously aim for the best mark you can (which I'm sure you know)

you got the in because it of your stats. U of T is NOT a holistic school.

On 12/19/2017 at 12:34 PM, katefromlawschool said:

I got in this round with a 4.0 GPA and 162 LSAT. There were a couple of people who got in with lower LSATs, if I'm not mistaken. I think U of T is truly a holistic school, so I think that, depending on your extra-curriculars, you could be good with a 162 like me. I agree with what was said above, though, in that you should obviously aim for the best mark you can (which I'm sure you know) :)

5 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

you got the in because it of your stats. U of T is NOT a holistic school.

Actually my friend got in with a 3.85 + 160 so yeah, I think they do look at your ECs and PS rather than some other schools (like UBC) which are purely numbers